Mille Fleur Rooster worth showing?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by LovinMyPeeps, Aug 6, 2009.

1. LovinMyPeeps

LovinMyPeeps Sees Wine Dots

Mar 22, 2009
    Heuvelton, NY
    I have a young mille fleur d'uccle roo named Nugget that is blossoming into a beautiful bird. He's only 14 weeks but is sweet and easy to handle not to mention has nice markings and form. I have looked for prize winning d'uccle and think he might be show worthy. He is coloring in with amazing mahogony saddle feathers and has a stunning tail, green black reminiscent of a mallard head. What is your opinion?? I've never shown a chicken in my life, only horses about 20 years ago. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I don't know anything about showing- but he's really pretty!

3. chickenlady

chickenlady Songster

Aug 28, 2007
    Stillwater, NJ
    Nice little guy but you should not see his wattles. Maybe his beard will cover that as he gets older. I think his biggest problem right now is his age. He does not have the proper markings either but again, may get them. For example, each tail feather is supposed to be tipped with white. He is very nice, just too young yet. Would love to see him in a couple months. Best of luck with him!![​IMG]

4. S&SPoultryExchange

S&SPoultryExchange Songster

Aug 3, 2009
    Concord, NC
    I would most def. show him. His color definition is great, his feathering looks very healthy, and his comb has a good definition also. I think your roo would do pretty good in a show.

5. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Crowing

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
  6. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Quote:yep. what s/he said! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: