Mille Fleur/Silkie cross

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Alphagamchick, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Alphagamchick

Alphagamchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2007
    MI
    I recently saw a cochin/mille fleur cross and thought they were beautiful. Just wondered if anyone hs crossed a silkie with a mille fluer? Would love to see pics. Wonder if you would get a fluffy bird with mille fleur markings?

2. yellowdragon

yellowdragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Springville, Indiana
    I have one. sorry no pics( i need to fix this). It has black skin, smooth feathers, golden with black outlining the feathers. It is different looking but neat.

3. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    I have one I gave to a friend, she's older now, she's a mille fleur d'uccle x black silkie. I know the quality isn't great, but here she is as a chick. I'll have to see if I can get some updated pics LOL

[​IMG]

4. Alphagamchick

Alphagamchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2007
    MI
    Hi, thanks for sending the pic. It is a little hard to see. Is she mostly white? Have you seen the Mille Fleur/Cochin cross? Very pretty. Cochin body, MF markings.
    I bought a white silkie chick this spring . Waiting to see if it's a roo. I may try crossing it with my MF hens next spring.

5. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    here is a mille fleur cochin chick, only a few days old.
    [​IMG]

6. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Ah, the mille fleur cochins... I look forward to their progress. It's still near impossible to find any with correct type, since it's still obvious that they have d'Uccle in their history. But I've seen some good birds recently, and look forward to the future of this new variety!

7. nightshade

nightshade Chillin' With My Peeps

mille fleur cochins.... I would love to have some hatching eggs out of some if anyone has any. I have dreams of crossing a mille fleur cochin hen with my fizzle rooster. I think they would make just stunning peeps. I tried to buy one at the sale with weekend but I could not get hubby to pay enough [​IMG]

8. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Keep your eyes open on eggbid. There aren't any on there right now I don't think, but there usually are one or two auctions for them. Of course I've only seen one seller on there that has any nice ones.

9. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    from the sound of hs auctions last week, he is quitting breeding these. I think he caught a lot of flack from other cochin breeders and threw in the towel. I googled him and found some flame fests on other boards about his birds, and the mille fleurs in general. Too bad... they are very nice birds. I wish more than one had hatched, but I am thrilled to have the one, especially a roo.

10. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    I hope some of my mix eggs from yellowdragon are mille sikies. That sounds totally cute.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by