Mille Fleur x EE...or Buttercup? also...one undetermined roo/pullet?

mudpaw

Songster
10 Years
Sep 29, 2009
West Point, GA
five new little chickies I got yesterday! Two of them are obvious little roos (one crowed today!) and then two are obvious pullets....and then we have the either: late-bloomer roo..or masculine pullet
wink.png
So, it is a pullet or a roo?

Also...the guy I got these from said they had bantam EEs and Mille Fleurs D'uccle s on their farm...but these have weird combs (neither pea or single-but a buttercup type!). They also have bright yellow legs (which I guess could be from the EE side...just without the blue/slate leg gene to make them green-legged). So, yeah, any idea what else might be in their blood lines (just out of curiosity)? I think they look VERY much like Sicilian Buttercups http://www.mypetchicken.com/PicturePop.aspx?image=/images/chickenPix/Large/Studio_BtrcpHn_7935_L.jpg or http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGA/BCup/BCupPHead.JPEG (any one know how they do egg-laying wise? I see very different info from place to place) I see, maybe sorta, how he could mix up poor looking mille fleurs and sicilian buttercups)
roll.png

Also: I will be re-homing the little roos! If there's any one who like them in trade for a young hen or pullet, let me know (I'd love a light colored EE or a brown egg-laying breed
love.gif
) !

Pictures-click for full view (undetermined chicken at bottom)

Last edited:
I have buttercup chicks and that is the same type of little comb ours have.
Buttercups lay smaller eggs...considered an ornamental breed..Hey if you want another we have a little one needing a home if your needing a road trip
smile.png
Here is a shot of my chicks comb..new hatch.They hatched with EE's but the comb made it real easy to tell them apart-color patterns resemble chipmunk's so could be mistaken easily for EE's as tiny chickletts.Maybe he thinks they are Bantam EE's they don't get that big
idunno.gif

JGchicks010.jpg

So, no guesses on the undetermined chicken? I'm going to assume it's a pullet for now based on it's color and it's very small comb (the two very obvious roos are more of a red and the pullets are more buff, it appears).

I figure there must be some actual buttercup in them, the comb is a dead give away. Aww..that chick is adorable, and yeah, they do look like EE chicks...I have one EE that would have been a dead ringer for that one, except for the comb. He said he had only bantams except for one standard female (he didn't mention it's breed). These chicks were a surprise....one day they noticed a hen with chicks LOL (they free range and she must have laid in the woods, he said-plus his wife just had a new baby, so they weren't watching the chickens super close). He mentioned the feathered legs on some of his chickens...so maybe he had both mille fleurs and buttercups and just thinks the buttercup are just feather-legged less mille fleurs?

Back
Top Bottom