Mille Fleurs and Porcelains

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Mary Of Exeter, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Can anyone give me some info on the genetics of these two colors? Like what goes into making them (or are they their own genes?).

2. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    I don't know what kind of birds you are working with but here is what you would need to build the Mille Fleurs and Porcelain pattern.

e wh -- wheaten down color. Wheaten/whitish colored female. Male Red/Silver hackle and saddle, with a black breast.

s -- sex link gold, we want a red bird, not a white/silver one. Now we have a Gold Wheaten instead of a Silver Wheaten.

Co -- columbian Removes the black from the breast of the male. Now we have a Buff Columbian. Makes males and females the same color.

mo -- mottled. recessive 2 genes required. This adds the black bar and white dot. to the end of the feather. Now we have a Mille Fleur!!!

**If you add one gene of Bl you will have a Blue Mille Fleur. If we add 2 genes you will have a Golden Neck.**

**Take the same Mile Fleur that you just built. If lav -- lavender is added in 2 doses (it's recessive) you will have a Porcelain.**

Chris

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by