1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mille Fleurs Drama Qweens

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by tiki244, Aug 10, 2008.

1. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    My Milles are all drama queens and I am just about sick and tired of it. I coulda strangled one this morning.!!!! All my other chickens behave but these have to scream when you try and get them into the coop at night (when they decide they want to stay out!!!) like you are killing them. And just now one youngster flew out of the brooder and was just aweful to catch, I had to tear the whole room apart. The routine is take the chicks out every day to clean the brooder and I have 22 chicks that behave and then this guy!! [​IMG] I have just had it!!!!! I had 2 of the little Milles but the other one flew into a lamp 2 feet up when it was a week old and burned itself to a crisp!

2. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    They are so pretty too. I finally got two females to be calm enough to work with but for the longest time they couldnt even free range because anyone come within 30 feet of them and they are up in the 100 feet pine trees squaking up a storm. Lovely! When you have neighbors! [​IMG]

3. olp_63

olp_63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Really? My Milles aren't so bad. But don't get me started on my Sebrights!

4. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    Mine trill all the time but their really calm. Mine also free range and they put themselves to bed. I only pick them up because their small and sweet. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by