MilleFleur Old English Bantam chick info..

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by soap&eggs, Jun 26, 2011.

1. soap&eggs

soap&eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    I have been searching for a picture of Mille Fleur Old English Bantam CHICK photos...i am trying to seperate mine and want to make sure i have chicks correct by breeds..Can someone let me know where i can find a photo(s) of chicks from day 1 to about 2 wks old i can use for coloring. Thank you.

2. GotGame

GotGame Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    NE of OKC
    [​IMG]

3. soap&eggs

Jul 22, 2010
    ohhh, its going to be harder now then i thought ..i have 3 other breeds that look just like yours !!!! the wing feathers are just coming in & i was hoping to see a difference of the coloring on them to tell which chicks are which......starting to see white tips, & a gold/brown tone and was hoping those were the M.F. O.E.......if not what other O.E. could it be ?

4. GotGame

GotGame Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    NE of OKC
    That chick isnt mine, but the problem your having now is the main reason people toe punch chicks when they pull them out of the hatcher, takes the guesswork out of it. Really, until they get some age, it can be very difficult to tell some colors of birds apart, by the chicks. I raise 3 colors, but they are so different even at hatch, it only takes a glance.

5. soap&eggs

Jul 22, 2010
    i was given free..several dozen eggs of different old english breeding pens to hatch...they were free to me but if any are the millefleur o.e. breeder asked if i would give him those back...which i agreed to. i dont want him upset with me for keeping what i promised to give back to him., even unknowingly. some i can tell by coloring what they are, but never have raised / hatch the o.e. myself..am guessing awfully hard... i am unable to take a picture & post on here for someone to help identify..so hoping someone will read post & have picture of the mille fleur old english wing feather i can see for coloring.

6. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    i have a trio, and so far they have given me silver MF, MF and porcelains somehow... let me find pictures... they aren't the greatest, but yeah...

[​IMG]

the ones with the dots on their head are MF...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    right here, the one with the yellow head and brown feathering is the only MF that hatched out for my friend... it's the one behind the fawn chick...

[​IMG]
    young pullet with a black tail red i guess... random pet quality roo...

[​IMG]
    here is the same pullet facing away from the camera... next too that weird red roo.. LOL...

[​IMG]
    my trio...

good luck with your chicks...

7. soap&eggs

Jul 22, 2010
    YES !!!! thank you so much..the dots on head is what these also have..they are what i was guessing were the M.F.O.E. ... these the wing feathers are coming in & i see the tips are white....after seeing your trio i would LOVE to keep these for myself, but a promise is a promise...yours are so pretty. love the MF coloring. thank you once again for the pictures to help identify.

8. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    soap&eggs :

YES !!!! thank you so much..the dots on head is what these also have..they are what i was guessing were the M.F.O.E. ... these the wing feathers are coming in & i see the tips are white....after seeing your trio i would LOVE to keep these for myself, but a promise is a promise...yours are so pretty. love the MF coloring. thank you once again for the pictures to help identify.

you're welcome... and i love MF too... they're my favorite... actually i like porcelains a lot more... so i got self blues and MF's to make them... and without knowing, my trio are split for self blue... so every 4th chick is a porcelain... i get two MF's, one silver MF and one porcelain out of them... so it's a pleasant surprise every hatch...

KEEP THEM!!!... they're great layers... they lay more eggs than any other OEGB's that i have... or that my friends have... both of my girls lay all the time... in two weeks, of collecting eggs, i will have two dozen in the incubator... i don't know how they do it...​

9. soap&eggs

Jul 22, 2010
    i understand some of the coloring genics,but when it comes to certain coloring info..i am clueless. i havent read much on it. but just from backyard breeding,and alot of barnyard going ons with flocks all running together i see so many ..mutts..that are so beautiful. until i joined this site,after more then 20 yrs of raising chickens, i am now learning what i call mutts are designer birds..or project birds..lol... i have some O.E. from way back still on farm,which have cross bred,mostly with seabrites..second generation is super small in size,almost smaller then my class A & B seramas, but longer body & not the V form,, but height wise are almost smaller. for some reason this cross is sex linked colored at hatching. my OE & cross breds are actually quite old now..but still getting eggs from a few. i love the smaller size chickens,, but mainly raise alot of different colored cochins and large breed hens. love the variety,colors & looks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by