Milli Fleur D Uccles

red_raider_64

Songster
12 Years
Dec 15, 2007
Stephenville Texas
Hi, I keep my Milli Fleurs outside and they are the oldest of my started birds. For some reason they seem to be more immune to the cold than the younger birds. I have already had one die and another one sick so I moved them inside when I saw the sick one today and now he is perfect.???
Why is this?
Thanks

Last edited:
I have known this breed is not winter hardy and have asked others on the forum about letting them out in the cold. Many folks let their D'uccles go out as they chose, even in the coldest climates, and many do well. However, I have lost D'Uccles and Sebrights over the winter. I don't have an answer for you. Right now, I just keep mine in out of the cold with enough heat to keep it above 40. These are some tough months for the birds...

No, sorry. I just have one mille right now. I've lost two. As much as I want more, I don't know if it is the best thing to do right now. I'm going to wait and see if she makes it through this winter before making a decision to get any more. I got her from a breeder who doesn't breed d'uccles anymore.

We have 2 one is in the garage with chicks currently, the second was outside before sun up at 5 degrees this morning scratching around. Our girls do just fine in the winter we give them free access to the run and coup and they come and go as tehy please.
Our seabright is the only one who doesnt care for the cold. she spends the majority of her time in the coup.

Back
Top Bottom