Milli Fleur D Uccles

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by red_raider_64, Dec 15, 2007.

1. red_raider_64

red_raider_64 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2007
    Stephenville Texas
    Hi, I keep my Milli Fleurs outside and they are the oldest of my started birds. For some reason they seem to be more immune to the cold than the younger birds. I have already had one die and another one sick so I moved them inside when I saw the sick one today and now he is perfect.???
    Why is this?
    Thanks

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  2. BJ

BJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2007
    I have known this breed is not winter hardy and have asked others on the forum about letting them out in the cold. Many folks let their D'uccles go out as they chose, even in the coldest climates, and many do well. However, I have lost D'Uccles and Sebrights over the winter. I don't have an answer for you. Right now, I just keep mine in out of the cold with enough heat to keep it above 40. These are some tough months for the birds...

3. red_raider_64

Dec 15, 2007
    Stephenville Texas
    Ok Thanks alot. I moved them into the brooder and they are doing very good.
    So you have Milli Fleurs. Not to get off topic but, do you have any for sale?

4. BJ

BJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2007
    No, sorry. I just have one mille right now. I've lost two. As much as I want more, I don't know if it is the best thing to do right now. I'm going to wait and see if she makes it through this winter before making a decision to get any more. I got her from a breeder who doesn't breed d'uccles anymore.

5. red_raider_64

Dec 15, 2007
    Stephenville Texas
    Ok Thanks.
    Goodluck

6. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    We have 2 one is in the garage with chicks currently, the second was outside before sun up at 5 degrees this morning scratching around. Our girls do just fine in the winter we give them free access to the run and coup and they come and go as tehy please.
    Our seabright is the only one who doesnt care for the cold. she spends the majority of her time in the coup.

7. red_raider_64

Dec 15, 2007
    Stephenville Texas
    O i don't know then lol.:|

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by