millie fleur coloring

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by pokey, Oct 12, 2008.

1. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    [​IMG]

ok, this little guy is a few months( 4 or 5) as he has feathered out he has molted from mostly black and white , but now he has the brown feathering coming in. is this correct for a millie fleur? he is kinda small, even for a banty so i was wondering if he is a little behind in developing. he is a cochin.

2. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    That's not a Mille FLeur colour pattern. If B&W he'd be Mottled-Brown & White ?????
    He also doesn't look much like a Cochin. I'd assume a cross of some sort.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  3. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    he's cochin, just bad camera angle. he has good feathering on his feet
    and lots of fluff, i just don't know about the coloring. any body else?
    i'll try to get a better shot, i was trying to get a good shot of his back where most of the brown is and you know some birds won't sit still.

4. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
  5. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    great , thanks for the pics! i got him from bantyman, we call him mighty mouse. he is still small and bosses everybody.he thinks he is 10 feet tall. i hope to get some eggs from bantyman or onthespot next spring.maybe get a girlfriend like him. [​IMG]

6. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    My birds also came from Mike. IMHO they are getting more beautiful every day. And yes, my little cockerel is a bossy little cuss too! I don't really knnow what his permanent name will end up being, but right now I call him El Jefe. [​IMG]

7. bantyman

bantyman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Blue Ridge GA
    Hey all [​IMG]

El Jefe? Translation= [​IMG]

8. JOSHSBANTAMS

JOSHSBANTAMS Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Utah
    Hi all, I'm new to this site/message board also to raising Millie Cochins. I've got a rooster that I got a year and a half ago with 3 buff/millie mix hens. I've raised a few babies out of them but they don't have a lot of the mottling in them. Does the really good color come out right from the beginning or later when there older? My chicks are about 7 to 8 weeks old now. A few of them show a lot of red and buff backgroud with a little white coming in here and there but most of them are totally buff. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't seem to find any info on Millie cochins anywhere.

Josh

9. bantyman

bantyman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Blue Ridge GA
    Hey Josh [​IMG]
    Welcome to the best board you can find on anything you want to know The people here are really great All you have to do is ask [​IMG]

Mike [​IMG]

10. JOSHSBANTAMS

JOSHSBANTAMS Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Utah
    Hi mike. Are you the mike that I've been pestering with emails about your eggbid auctions? If so that's cool.
    I'm excited to find some other people that are breeding millie cochins.[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by