Millie Fleur D'Uccles

NewChickLove

In the Brooder
Apr 2, 2016
Any guesses on gender? I'm leaning towards all pullets but one, but that may be my wishful thinking and naïveté.

Here is the one I believe is a cockeral, and I could tell at 2 weeks. He had more of a comb then than the others do now, plus he's three weeks younger! He is currently 4 weeks old.

Here's one of my 7 week olds

Chick 3, with chick 2 in the background

Chick 4:

And chick 5:

If the rest are 7 weeks old then they all look like girls. Boys would have wattles and big red combs by that age. They are so sweet.

Agreed. My 8 week olds have had prominent red combs for over a week or two now. Easy to distinguish sex.

I'd say that 4 week old is a cockerel. You'll know for sure very soon.

One cockerel out of 5 chicks is some really good luck. You need to play the lotto. I have 17 mille chicks and 11 of them are cockerels! Ugh.

Oh good! I'm so glad to hear that I finally have one breed that is mostly pullets! I was very hopeful that was the case when my little Roo became so distinguishable early on that the rest would be pullets. I also have two 7 week old porcelains that's I am convinced our pullets because they have no comb whatsoever. I find it highly ironic that out of my seven straight run birds, only one is a roo, but out of my four easter Eggars and buff Orpington's that were supposed to be pullets, two are Roos.

Back
Top Bottom