1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Millie Fleur D'Uccles

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by NewChickLove, May 16, 2016.

1. NewChickLove

NewChickLove Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2016
    Any guesses on gender? I'm leaning towards all pullets but one, but that may be my wishful thinking and naïveté.

Here is the one I believe is a cockeral, and I could tell at 2 weeks. He had more of a comb then than the others do now, plus he's three weeks younger! He is currently 4 weeks old.
    [​IMG]

Here's one of my 7 week olds
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick 3, with chick 2 in the background
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick 4:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And chick 5:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm definitely agreeing with you on this one. [​IMG] I would say #1 is a cockerel and all the rest are pullets. So far, my 2 little MF cockerels are super sweet!

~Alex

3. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Cockerel, Pullet, Pullet, Cockerel, Cockerel

4. JaeG

JaeG Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    If the rest are 7 weeks old then they all look like girls. Boys would have wattles and big red combs by that age. They are so sweet.

5. okiebird

okiebird Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2016
    Agreed. My 8 week olds have had prominent red combs for over a week or two now. Easy to distinguish sex.

I'd say that 4 week old is a cockerel. You'll know for sure very soon.

6. okiebird

okiebird Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2016
    One cockerel out of 5 chicks is some really good luck. You need to play the lotto. I have 17 mille chicks and 11 of them are cockerels! Ugh.

7. NewChickLove

NewChickLove Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2016
    Oh good! I'm so glad to hear that I finally have one breed that is mostly pullets! I was very hopeful that was the case when my little Roo became so distinguishable early on that the rest would be pullets. I also have two 7 week old porcelains that's I am convinced our pullets because they have no comb whatsoever. I find it highly ironic that out of my seven straight run birds, only one is a roo, but out of my four easter Eggars and buff Orpington's that were supposed to be pullets, two are Roos.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by