MILLIE FLUER COCHINS

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by pokey, Feb 1, 2009.

1. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    OK, OK, OK- [​IMG] does anyone have any millie fluer cochin eggs, chicks or pairs near south carolina?man, these are harder to get than hens teeth, so to speak.

2. kbbeale

kbbeale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    I saw some eggs on ebay earlier.....

3. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

Nope, no Mille Fleur Cochin eggs here? But I have something else thay MAY interest you?

You're first on my "egg list" for my Mille Fleur project with Mr. Frizzy, my Frizzle Mille Fleur D'Uccle Rooster and his girls - right now I have him in his own pen with six lovely ladies, they are two silkie/cochin mixes, two Mille Fleur D'Uccles, and two Mille Fleur Cochin Hens. I have six eggs in my incubator right now to test fertility and guess what? All six are good to go, so he's doing his job! I cant wait to see what these little ones turn out like? I have no idea what they are going to be like at all!

Anyhow, outside in their pen are 6 fresh eggs, there will be more tomorrow. Let me know if you want the little monsters? Cost of shipping only....test hatching appreciated!

Mr. Frizzy and the ladies:
    [​IMG]
    Tina

4. millebantam

millebantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Little Rhody
    Well if he doesn't want 'em, I'd sure like them. I'd even trade you something back later on.

5. lost

lost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    ,nc
    I have theses not cochin though look at my avatar not with that head. Im in nc

6. brkuk

brkuk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Howell, Mi
    I will test also if you need someone. I'm in mi. They will look great. Please let me know. ThAnks.

7. tfpets

[​IMG]

Pokey has dibs, cause remember or not, they really are first on my list! (on my personal pages, I really do have a Mille Project page!)......If you all would like, I can add you to my list!! Its not real long, and I love to share!

Tina

8. wwmicasa1

wwmicasa1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2008
    Wingshadows Hacienda
    Quote:I have Mille Fleur Project hatching eggs available to ship.

Anyone who is familar with this color knows that it is a work in progress. I have F1 hens laying now. My F2's are in the grow-out pen & I will have F3 eggs available later in the year.

My breeders are a MFC Roo from Tennessee & 3 hens produced from a cross with the same MFC Roo & 2 Buff Columbian Hens from Tom Roebuck. I sent pics of the F1's to Tom & he had this comment on my hen Bridget:

Bridget: Very nice, and probably the one most genetically Mille Fleur. Focusing on her chest she has pretty decent base color there, with decent distribution of the Black band between the Buff ground color and the white tips. True she does darken up as you go toward her cushion but the pattern is still there! If her white markings were limited only to the tips of her feathers she would almost be there as far as the Mille Fleur pattern goes. I think she's the closest in pattern I've seen on a Cochin in the US.

Here are pics of Bridget, Peggy & Suzie along with pics of my MFC roo.

[​IMG]
    Bridget F1

[​IMG]
    Another view of Bridget

[​IMG]
    MFC Roo

[​IMG]
    Another view from the back

[​IMG]
    Peggy & Suzie F1

[​IMG]
    Peggy & Suzie from the back

My hatching eggs are $50 per doz which includes delivery. I use USPS Priority mail with delivery confirmation. I take Paypal at my email addy [email protected]

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me. Thank you.

9. tfpets

Quote:I have Mille Fleur Project hatching eggs available to ship.

Anyone who is familar with this color knows that it is a work in progress. I have F1 hens laying now. My F2's are in the grow-out pen & I will have F3 eggs available later in the year.

My breeders are a MFC Roo from Tennessee & 3 hens produced from a cross with the same MFC Roo & 2 Buff Columbian Hens from Tom Roebuck. I sent pics of the F1's to Tom & he had this comment on my hen Bridget:

Bridget: Very nice, and probably the one most genetically Mille Fleur. Focusing on her chest she has pretty decent base color there, with decent distribution of the Black band between the Buff ground color and the white tips. True she does darken up as you go toward her cushion but the pattern is still there! If her white markings were limited only to the tips of her feathers she would almost be there as far as the Mille Fleur pattern goes. I think she's the closest in pattern I've seen on a Cochin in the US.

Here are pics of Bridget, Peggy & Suzie along with pics of my MFC roo.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/...ochins/Hillary-Bridget-Red-GoldCockerel-4.jpg
    Bridget F1

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/...chins/Hillary-Bridget-Red-GoldCockerels01.jpg
    Another view of Bridget

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/...ochins/Hillary-Bridget-Red-GoldCockerel-1.jpg
    MFC Roo

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/...ochins/Hillary-Bridget-Red-GoldCockerel-2.jpg
    Another view from the back

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o153/wwmicasa1/Bantam Cochins/BridgetMFCPullets001.jpg
    Peggy & Suzie F1

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o153/wwmicasa1/Bantam Cochins/BridgetMFCPullets002.jpg
    Peggy & Suzie from the back

My hatching eggs are $50 per doz which includes delivery. I use USPS Priority mail with delivery confirmation. I take Paypal at my email addy [email protected]

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me. Thank you.

I love your hens -the ones I got are not showing as much of the dark/mille pattern as that yet, more of the cream and white. One of my roos is better than the other, but he's not who I'm using right now - but I will be later! I'm wanting as much Mille Fleur frizzle than cochin! I do love your birds, very nice! You are doing a lot of hard work on the Mille Cochins, and it shows!
    This pic is Comet, the lighter colored roo and one of the hens (Who is now with Mr. Frizzy).
    [​IMG]
    The second rooster, Starbuck, has a little more mille patterning on him, but not as much as your beautiful birds!
    [​IMG]

10. tate

tate Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2007
    some where in FL
    you dont want to use milli d'uccles for milli cochins never will get rid of the beard and will take yrs to get rid of the d'uccle type been there done that

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by