Millie tries again.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by skillswife, Jul 25, 2011.

1. skillswife

skillswife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    After a failed hatch, I was hoping Millie would get over being broody. But no, she just kept stealing the other hens eggs. So I gave her 7 that had been in the fridge (unwashed). 3 are for sure growing embryo's, yay, still a bit early to tell on the other 4 though. The mom is Cluck cluck who is a partridge bantam cochin and the daddy is either a mottled bantam cochin or Rusty the RIR we are an interim home for. From monitoring the activity I am pretty sure Rusty is the dad! Could be cute babies. Anyhow I hope she hatches some this time so she will quit stealing eggs. Anyhow she is determined to be in the tall nesting box and I am worried that once babies hatch then they will fall out! But the last hatch I think croaked because I moved her to a separate pen/different box and she won't stay on the eggs. Guess we will just see how it goes! Cluck cluck keeps laying her eggs right in with Millie so I have the original eggs numbered and take the new egg away every day so I don't have separate hatching times. Complicated [​IMG] I gave her the eggs on Thursday I think so the due date is around the 11th of Aug. My husband asked me if we were ever going to get to eat any eggs, [​IMG] As soon as my 30 other chickens start laying we will have more eggs than we know what to do with!

2. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Quote:that's right! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by