Millside Poultry Waterer Review ?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by JEF3268, Feb 8, 2012.

1. JEF3268

JEF3268 Official BYC Community Sponsor

Jan 11, 2008
    Alabama
    Has anyone used this waterer in the 3 and 5 gallon size? Millside wants us to carry this line of waterers but I have heard some bad reviews and wanted some feedback. They are a little cheaper compared to the Little Giant but I am not sure about the quality.

Last thing we want to do is carry a waterer that will not work well for our customers.

[​IMG]

2. MonsterClucker

MonsterClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2012
    Anderson, California
    I bought omw the other day from TSC. I thought I'd be able to hang it but its not able to be hung unless you drill holes in the handle.

I have the 5 gallon. I like that it holds a lot of water and that you can close the cap to stop the flow of water. Only bad thing is not being able to hang it. I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5!

3. JoshU

JoshU Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Ada, Ohio
    I use them. They are easy to clean. I drilled a hole through the handle and it works fine hanging as well. No leaks. 5 out of 5 for me.

4. HorseLoverLady

HorseLoverLady New Egg

Jul 23, 2012
    I bought one about 3 weeks ago. Thought I had found the best thing ever... I was wrong! Worked well for about a week, then the valve that held the water in flew out drowning me and my chickens. Took it back to TSC they gave me my money back with no problem.

5. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    I have these ones by them.. no complaints..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That said neither are able to be hung, i set them on bricks.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by