Milton, Ky. swap and flea market

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by norm65, May 4, 2009.

1. norm65

norm65 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 1, 2008
    Petersburg, ind.
    Has anybody been to the Milton, Ky. swap and flea market coomng up this weekend? I need to know if it would be worth the drive for me. I live in Indiana 2 1/2 hours from Milton. I went to Shephardsville, Ky. this past weekend and it was well worth it. Norman

2. Ol'FashionHen

Ol'FashionHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    The South
    Hey Norman I have been to the Milton Swap meet last year on Labor Day weekend. LOTS of chickens, duck, geese, turkeys, pigs..etc. Did you happen to come to the stockyards in Shepardsville on a chicken journey [​IMG]. Are you looking for a certain breed?

3. norm65

norm65 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 1, 2008
    Petersburg, ind.
    I went to Shephardsvilel to pick up my 4 sebbies from Jerry Foley and his wife. Very nice folks. I also ended up buying a pair of white manderin ducks and a pair of siver bahama pintail ducks. NOt looking for anything in particular. Just like to go to the swaps. Hope I can make it this weekend. Norman

4. kimbaliza

kimbaliza New Egg

Aug 26, 2008
    Indiana
    Does anyone know what time the Milton swap starts on Sunday?....actually is it Saturday or Sunday?
    I can not find any info on it.

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  5. kenny671

kenny671 Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2008
    southwest ohio
    i dont know the time but it is satday and sunday

6. warcard

warcard Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    SE Indiana
    It is Saturday and Sunday, but be aware that a fair number of people leave Saturday afternoon.

Some people actually camp there Friday night so if you show up around 8am Saturday they will be there, other than that I would say it "starts" at 9am.

7. kimbaliza

kimbaliza New Egg

Aug 26, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks

8. CumminsDzlDriver

CumminsDzlDriver Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2009
    Henry County, KY
    Well I went this morning, and I was pretty dissapointed, I almost got stuck and and saw serveral people that were...Didnt see any quail, and only 1 turkey...saw some nice Barred Rocks but they were HIGH...its gone down A LOT over the years...

Nate

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by