Mimosa Tree Seeds, Cuttings, or Babies :)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Zahboo, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    My mom is dying for a Mimosa tree but we can't find any around here. We've tried cuttings but evidently I ain't doing it right. If anyone could get a cutting with roots started, or a baby or something, I'd greatly appreciate it. Please let me know what you want for it [​IMG]

2. Riffecreek

Riffecreek Chukar Junky

May 29, 2010
    Dunnville, Ky.
    I can get all you want!! don't know about the shipping part.. I'll check this week or weekend and see if there is any small enough to go into a flat rate box.

3. Windy Ridge Farm

Windy Ridge Farm Out Of The Brooder

Oct 16, 2009
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    Good LORD PLEASE come here and dig up all you want - I have them everywhere! If you would like me to send you some free seed I'll be happy to.

4. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    Quote:Yep, me too. I think Alabama may very well be the Mimosa capital of the world.

5. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I'll take all the free stuff I can get, and how much is shipping on a flat rate box? this is awesome [​IMG]

6. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I have a CRAP LOAD of the little freakers growing everywhere. Let me know if you want some. In this heat, I'm not sure how well they will do transplanted, but we can try. Let me know and it may be where the next time I got to Fayetteville we can meet.

7. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I got plenty here, and not to mention even more on the side of the road on the way here!!!! [​IMG] I hope you don't have a well or septic system... those roots can grow up to 30 feet beyond the size of the tree at the time, and they are like willows going straight to water sources. Damaging everything in its way... including pipes!

8. Riffecreek

Riffecreek Chukar Junky

May 29, 2010
    Dunnville, Ky.
    Quote:AND SPREAD like wild fires!! all you have to have is a few, then you have thousands!!!! We mow more down every week or two than I could ever ship [​IMG]

9. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    We know where our septic is and can plant them away from it [​IMG] Thanks for the hint though.

Kandace that'd be great! (Did you ever order those GL Cochins?)

10. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Planting mimosa is akin to planting kudzu.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by