Mine are enroute!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by tygab, May 20, 2008.

1. tygab

tygab Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    MA/NH border
    Yes! After two months of waiting, I've gotten word from the local Agway that they should be in tomorrow (from Ideal). I can't wait. I am going to set up the brooder tonight but oh where to put it??? I want to be able to see them all the time, but, we have cats... and different parts of the house are different temps etc. I am thinking the basement but how will we play with them there, sigh...

such hard questions! [​IMG]

Well I am so excited, I will hardly be able to sleep!

2. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    Congradulations, new babies are exciting. What type are they?

3. happyhen

happyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Northeastern Ohio
    Room temps don't matter too much since you have the light on them for warmth.

Our kitten and black lab "watch" our 4 week olds but have never bothered with them, other than a good sniff every now and then. They both tend to nap by the brooder ( a puppy "playpen" with tarp under the litter and screening on the top).

BTW, your pacas are beautiful! We have friends who raise, breed and board alpacas, about 90 last I knew. If only we had just a little more land.......sigh!

4. tygab

tygab Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    MA/NH border
    I am getting 12 total, 6 EEs and 6 Black sex link pullets, and we'll foster home 4 more for the next several days for Muffi who ordered with me.

I will be happy to take pictures and post them, of course! [​IMG]

I think I will try them in the 3 season room and see if the cats go bonkers with them there. We do not let the cats in this room unless we're home.

It is not getting too cold now, and as mentioned the light will be on them. I just hope it won't get too warm but can always open the windows...

yipee!

Thanks for the paca comments too. We don't have a lot of land (just 4 acres) and after the 4 babies coming we will prolly be at our max herd size. They are very unique animals!

5. happyhen

happyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Northeastern Ohio
    Sounds like a good spot. Enjoy your babies, feathered and furry! [​IMG]

6. bluebirdfarm

bluebirdfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

hi tygab
    we have 2 EE with our order of 25 brown eggers , just realised what they were today ! i am very happy !!!!
    [​IMG]

7. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    ooooh, congrats!!!! Enjoy the babies!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by