1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

mine are pullets when can they go with the older ones?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by piccalilly, Aug 9, 2008.

1. piccalilly

piccalilly New Egg

Aug 9, 2008
    :|?
    does anybody know at what age pullets can go into the run with the older ones?

mine are about 3/4 or more than the adult size, mummy is with the rest of the flock, and they have been in a sub run in close contact with the flock.

i put them in the hen house with the others tonight, but before creating mayhem i would like to know if would it be safe leaving them there tomorrow. thanks to all.

2. eggsgalore

eggsgalore Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2008
    I learned the hard way that they shouldn't be put in with the older hens until they are 4 months old.

3. warren

warren Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2007
    UK
    Best to do things slowly. See how they react to each other before you leave them alone together.

4. augiedranch

augiedranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Texas
    i usually put them together when they are two or three months old. i havent had any problems.. but mine are free range, and so they can get away if they needed to.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by