Minecraft ~ animal breeding ~ Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by BantamWhisperer, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Call me crazy! My nephew got me addicted to Minecraft! I love animals and I know how to breed wolves and chickens, but how do you breed pigs, sheep an cows?

~ Xbox 360 edition ~

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    You use wheat to breed them, if I'm not entirely mistaken. Does the xbox edition have tall grass? If so, you can break that to get wheat seeds.

Edit: The Minecraft wiki is a good place to find answers to most questions. http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  3. Thnx!

Yes, there's tall grass, but how do you grow it into more grass?

4. Princess Amri

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    You need to break the tall grass until you get seeds from it, then you need to hoe a patch of dirt and plant the seeds there. Then wheat will grow. :D

5. Won't it just re-grow what you got? It won't multiply will it?

6. Princess Amri

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    I'm not sure if I understood your first question. Could you please try to clarify it a bit? My brain's being a bit useless today.

But no, the wheat won't multiply by itself. You'll have to replant it to get more.

7. Like when you break it and get seeds and plant the seeds, it just grows into the same thing, but doesn't give off extra seeds?

8. Like when you break it and get seeds and plant the seeds, it just grows into the same thing, but doesn't give off extra seeds?

9. Princess Amri

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Oh, are you breaking it right after you plant it? You need to wait until the wheat is tall and brownish to harvest it. It takes quite a few minutes, you'll probably have to go do something else while you wait.

10. So will it give you two things of seed? Hay? What I'm saying is that basically it doesn't multiply? :lol: so confused!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by