Mineral makeup

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Morgaine, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Morgaine

Morgaine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Does anyone here use mineral makeup? I've been using it for about ayear love it! I'm starting to get low and thought I would see what brands y'all are using. I am using Sheer Miracle and Signature Minerals mixed together for the base and Lumiere for blush and eye shadow. I just can't use anything that has talc in it at all.

2. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

I use mineral makeup, I use Total Beauty. The gal that I get mine from is in Sioux Falls, SD. I could give you her phone #.

3. sunnysidecluckers

sunnysidecluckers Chillin' With My Peeps

I use Bare Escentuals

4. chickaboo7

chickaboo7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Manahawkin NJ
    There is a co. named Smoky Mountain Minerals.com. Great stuff,free ship

5. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    I love mineral makeup. I used a brand I found on line Youngblood. Now I get mine thru Avon.

6. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    Yes, Youngblood. Some health food stores carry Larenim (mineral spelled backwards) and it doesn't contain talc or bismuth oxychloride. The bismuth is what gives some MM a greasy look.
    I think having a great makeup brush is essential.

7. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I use Bare Escentuals. Love it. Definitely doesn't cake on like other makeup. I like the way it blends in to your face, etc. and LOVE the mineral veil.

8. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I use Bare Escentuals also but I just bought the mineral makeup my Maybelline and it's great and the price it even better.

9. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    I use L'Oreals brand, Bare Minerals and I like it. Im going to try the Avon brand, Im not sure what the name is but its a little less $. It covers so much better than anything I have used and it stays.

10. Morgaine

Morgaine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    If you have a sensitivity to talc, look at the ingredients before buying from the drugstore. Most of them have talc in them, which for me is one of my main acne triggers. I've also tried Glo minerals which I liked, but after a couple of hours my face would itch. I think it was the bismuth in it. But I've always had really sensitive skin. I think it come with being a red head. My mother in law has great skin and she uses rubbing alcohol on hers every night :eek:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by