Mini advanced not keeping temp. When do I give up? UPDATED W/ PICS

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gbartha, Apr 26, 2016.

1. gbartha

gbartha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2016
    I have a mini-advanced Brinsea which has a faulty temp sensor. It's much lower than it needs to be with no way to fix it. I have to send it back but I am on day 22 of my hatch. No pipping, rocking or peeping. The temp will say it's at 37.5 degrees but feels like room temp. Then it shoots up into the 40s and the alarm will sound. This is my first hatch but the second for the machine. I'm devistated but not sure when to just say the eggs are done. I just don't know what to do. I have candles them and they are formed with a nice air cell but no movement. I did tap on them and there is no tapping back. I tell myself to wait till Thursday but with the temp going up and down, is it false hope?

2. gbartha

Apr 21, 2016
    Did a water test and they all sank. :( Pretty sure they are duds.

3. Nksg75

Nksg75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2014
    Ahh, I am sorry. I hate to hear that! Usually the brinsea are very reliable machines. When you say they sank, do you mean that they literally sank to the bottom of the water? I thought the aircell alone would keep them floating?

4. Nksg75

Nksg75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2014
    When did the machine start going crazy on you?

5. gbartha

Apr 21, 2016
    Machine went crazy around day 18. Here are photos of them. 99% sure they are dead. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ScienceWard

ScienceWard New Egg

Apr 25, 2016
    Oh no! Sorry to hear that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by