mini-chick bator reviews

I built my own incubator, but decided to get one of these for some unknown reason. This little incubator would probably be perfect in a very controlled air enviroment, as it's very hard to keep the temp steady when something like the front door opens lol. I bought mine used, and only spent about 10 bucks on it so I'm going to try it in the spring time when temps will be a bit more stable in the house.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GQF-Chick-B...8433?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=bin23165a3ed1

i dont like them. bought one for 20 bucks. only holds 3 eggs and its hard to constantly turn them and keep them in the right position. and eggs would develope then quit. its hard to keep a constant temp. temp would get to high and had to keep the lid cracked to keep it at a constant temp. use it as a heat lap in a make shift brooder. bought a new bator. never had a problem since.

I have a mini-eco from Brinsea and I really like it. It can hold 8-10 eggs depending on the size and is very self-sufficient. I am not sure if this is mini enough but the smaller one-3 egg incubators caused alot of later deaths due to temperature fluctuation. This one has a traditional (but larger) mercury type thermometer and it works wonderfully.

cool.png

Back
Top Bottom