Mini Horses & Other Livestock---New ?'s 1st post

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by allanimals21, Nov 30, 2010.

1. allanimals21

allanimals21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    I just got this idea that I want a mini horse. Before I get ahead of myself I was wondering if anyone can tell me how they get along with other livestock/animals in general. I know alot of it depends on the mini itself and the other animals. But does anyone here have a mini that they keep with goats? Or near dogs?

Ok. How about mini donkeys and mini cows? Anyone else have any of these? What kind of fencing do you guys use for mini horses, mini donkeys, and or mini cows? Pics of any would be awesome too

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  2. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    HI! minis are a BLAST! i should know, i have 20 LOL

we have had our minis in with goats, but the goats seem to really like to eat their tails .lol after that happened, we havent done it again lol

all 6 of our dogs do great with the minis, but it depends on the dogs and you should never leave a dog unattended with minis unless you can FULLY trust them

cant wait to see pics of the mini you get!

3. allanimals21

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    Quote:Well its just a thought for right now. I've been seeing alot of them for really cheap if not free on CL because people can't take care of them anymore. So I know I have alot of research to do and I know it won't be anytime soon beings its winter and what not. Just thought I would try and get some opinions from others. I've seen some of yours and they are super cute!

4. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    I got 2 little ones they are a Blast, and they all get along with my dogs, and a BIG pig that I have in the pasture with them, and I love my Peter and he loves to get scratch
    [​IMG]

Hope you don't mind the Pic.

5. allanimals21

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    Quote:Nope! Love the pic! [​IMG] I see a boxer there too? Cute dogs and mini! [​IMG]

6. lorieMN

lorieMN Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    montevideo,MN
    if you wait until spring and just want to see a bunch of them,,go to the MN horse expo in april..they usually have like 50 of the little devils there,,really nice ones..

7. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

My minis and mini stallion are in with............... my big horses, emu, fainting goats, potbellie pig, mini donkey, chickens, turkey, peafowl, mini cattle, geese, great pyr dogs, llamas ....... [​IMG]

Sometimes they play ruff with the dogs...... but they ask for it....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    Please!!! More pics of minis! [​IMG]

9. allanimals21

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    Quote:X2. I wanna see the cuties...maybe it will help make the decision! [​IMG]

10. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

[​IMG] Darn you people, now I want one!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by