1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mini incubator- problems and other brands that work?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by annabellaknits, Jan 26, 2016.

1. annabellaknits

annabellaknits Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2014
    So I got an rcom mini and did two trial runs. The first run I only used it for lock down the second a start to finish hatch. Both times I could not get humidity to go above 60%. But the big concern was that half the eggs pipped the wrong ends with the incubation I did from start to finish. I know it's not the eggs because I had already hatched two dozen in by styro baton with the same eggs and have had no issues. So I'm wondering if it was due to the turning of the eggs and thmn laying flat while turning the entire time? I also want to know if this has happen with people using the brinsea mini? I need a mini incubator for some schools and thought I was going to use the rcom with humidity pump but now I'm at a loss? What to buy that won't give me issues?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

I've been using my Brinsea Mini for years without that kind of problem at all. I'd recommend it for sure, especially for classroom/school use - I've had mine borrowed for use in a classroom before and the teacher and kids said it worked great and they loved it!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  3. annabellaknits

annabellaknits Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2014
    Any one else with this experience?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by