"Mini" Khaki Campbell

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by wagoncab, Apr 17, 2012.

1. wagoncab

wagoncab Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Charlotte
    I have 8 beautiful Khaki Campbell ducklings that hatched in the incubator on April 28-29th
    They are doing great and are huge for their age...except for "Midget". Midget is still real tiny
    very healthy, just tiny. Cute as a button eats and drinks, does not get picked on or pushed away
    by the others. Has anyone else had a mini duckling?
    Cindy

2. ducksinarow

ducksinarow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    I bought 5 of the smallest ducklings at Rural King last year. They were about half the size of the other ducklings the same breed. I wanted to give them the best chance. They all grew up healthy. Best of luck.

3. zooweemama

zooweemama Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't have any Khaki's but I do have 4 black ducklings that look alike and 3 are big and one is very tiny. We named her tiny. She eats, drinks, runs, poops - just like her big black buddies. LOL

4. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Wagon, we have a new Khaki who is smaller than the other 8 doz we have hatched so far this year. Usually they will catch up and be an "average" size by the time they are feathered out.

5. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Here is my Mini Ollie with his big brother who hatched 1 day apart. Ollie is disabled- but has grown to be about 80% the size of a normal Indian Runner.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by