Mini-mancha kids - So. California

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by PotterWatch, Jan 9, 2009.

1. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Just a heads up that I should have one or two (or more!), mini-manchas born in the next week or two. We will be keeping them until they are weaned and then we we be looking to find them new homes. Kids will be disbudded, wethered if necessary, and vaccinated unless otherwise requested. The doe and buck are both registered mini-manchas and I have pictures available of them. I will be posting pictures as soon as the kids are born.

2. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    I'm hoping to have Mini-Manchas too. I have only one of my 3 Lamanchas bred so far. Can't wait to see them!

3. PotterWatch

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    The kids were born today! She had triplets, two bucklings and a doeling. We are probably going to be keeping the doeling, but will be selling the bucklings. They are adorable and appear to be perfectly healthy. Here are some pictures from shortly after birth:

The first born was a buckling, the one standing up:
    [​IMG]

The last born was also a buckling:
    [​IMG]

The two boys hanging out together:
    [​IMG]

4. nightshade

nightshade Chillin' With My Peeps

awwww they are so very sweet, why couldn't you live closer? I think the second is just beautiful. [​IMG] congrats on the new little ones [​IMG]

5. PotterWatch

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Well, the last born buckling is sold. I still have one available. Here are some more pictures of him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    super cute. Can I ask the difference between a mini mancha and a regular sized la mancha? I got a la mancha in late October ( no idea of age but I believe she is young ). She has grown a little but doesn't look all that big to me. After seeing yours I'm wondering if she is a mini.

7. PotterWatch

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I have never stood next to a standard lamancha, so I have to judge their size by pictures on the internet. The doe in the pictures I posted comes up to the top of my knee at the withers. My other doe who is only a year old, comes up to the bottom of my knee. In general, the pictures I have seen of standards, they come up to the upper thigh of most people. Mine also has a noticeably smaller udder and teats (though still easily hand-milked). I think standard kids, when they are born, are around 4-6lbs. The kids our doe had were probably closer to 2lbs, though I don't have a scale to be sure. Hope that helps!

Edited for spelling

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  8. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Those are SO cute!! AWWW

9. ArabiansR2Cool

ArabiansR2Cool Chillin' With My Peeps

Those are way too cute!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by