Mini Rex bunny

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by shelleyb1969, Jul 27, 2011.

1. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

MY son's 6th birthday is coming up (7th), and he really wants a bunny. I'm looking for a 6-8 week old mini rex bunny that's been handled A LOT. My son is very knowledgeable and responsible and has a super caring heart for animals. We can guarantee a bunny a very loving home. We know nothing about showing rabbits (yet), so pet quality is fine.

2. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    NO WAY! Will he be starting 1st grade in the fall? Holy cow...

Sorry I have no bun for ya - just saw your name & wanted to say hi, friend! [​IMG]

3. shelleyb1969

Quote:Hello Ms. Wy!!!! Good to hear from ya!

I'm still homeschooling little man. He's doing really well and enjoys school, plus I'm signing us up for a homeschooling group nearby. [​IMG] I really want to surprise him with a bunny for his b'day. I know he'd be ecstatic and really dote on a new "friend".

4. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Too far from me but we have some gorgeous mini rex!!! Well happy birthday to him! Nancy

5. shelleyb1969

Quote:Thanks Nancy! [​IMG] I actually found a breeder/showman that lives right here in my home town! Found her listed in a mini rex breeders directory online. [​IMG] I'm going to go take a look at an 8 week old harlequin buck tonight...gotta sneak out and leave my son at home with Dad. [​IMG] But I'd love to find others to look at as well...I'd like to have more than one to choose from.

6. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    That's wonderful!!! Don't forget to show us a picture!!! Nancy

7. shelleyb1969

[​IMG] Sad to say that I wasn't able to make it to see the bunny this afternoon. Dad didn't make it home to watch my son, and I sure didn't want to ruin his surprise by taking him along. So the search continues. [​IMG] I called the breeder, though, and we're going to try to work something out for next week.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by