1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mini Rex - peanut or runt

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SabrinaDawn, Sep 21, 2012.

1. SabrinaDawn

SabrinaDawn New Egg

Sep 21, 2012
    Ohio
    Hi, I am new to BYC and to the mini farm I have seemed to get myself into...[​IMG] The latest addition was two mini rex rabbits. They were breed and we were told about when the doe would have the kits. Well long story short she finally had them...late...and only had two. One is normal size and seems fine one is about half the size of the first. I don't see any deformities like extremely big head or twisted back legs but I am still concerned. Should I intervene and bring it in and feed it and hope that it lives or should I let nature take its course and see what happens? It is starting to get cold here at night and our rabbits do stay outside. I do cover them if it is cold or bad weather but am not sure the cover will be enough for the little ones. Any advice would be great.

2. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    [​IMG] I don't know anything about rabbits sorry In the Forum navigation there is a misc section and chose other pets and livestock>this is where you can get information about rabbits. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC. Sorry, I dont know anything about rabbits.

4. AnimalsComeFirst

AnimalsComeFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    I own a rabbit, who was born with a deformed leg and HAS been bred before I adopted her... and she didn't know how to care for her babies and they all unfortunately passed away. I have never bred and don't plan to breed her, so i can't help you there, but go to this part of the forums and post what you said above, i'm sure you'll find many rabbit breeders who can help you out! https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/22/other-pets-livestock

BYC welcomes you with open arms, and I hope the community answers whatever questions you have. God Bless you and your animals! :)

5. SabrinaDawn

SabrinaDawn New Egg

Sep 21, 2012
    Ohio
    Thanks I will post it there and see if someone can help. Thanks for the welcomes also. It is nice to have somewhere you can ask questions and get info from people that are not out to sell you something or talk you into something lol. Thanks again hope I will be of some help to some of y'all at sometime.

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad to have you aboard .Good luck with your rabbits :thumbsup

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    :frow & :welcome from Alabama. Glad you joined us. You might also try BYC's sister website, Backyardherds.com. Good luck :thumbsup

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  8. Red Barn Farms

Red Barn Farms ~Friendly Fowl~

Apr 12, 2012
    Kentucky Heartland
    Hello Sabrina! Greetings from Kentucky. We're very happy you joined!

[​IMG]

9. aaabirdman

aaabirdman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2012
    NY
    Welcome to BYC

10. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D - hope you find helpful answers

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by