Leigti

Crowing
7 Years
Oct 22, 2015
Walla Walla WA
2BA25E0B-12F5-4960-B802-C5966267C952.jpeg
2BA25E0B-12F5-4960-B802-C5966267C952.jpeg
2ABAF9BB-02B3-455C-A16E-F82AE588C67D.jpeg
I got a dog at the Humane Society this week. She looks like she is a miniature pincher. Or maybe a miniature pincher cross. She weighs 16 pounds. Is black and brindle. One ear up in one ear down :) she has had absolutely no training so she is keeping me busy. So if there any dog people out there that have any idea what breed she is please let me know.

Anybody? I thought she could be Chihuahua but she seems taller, she doesn’t shake, she doesn’t Yap. Her posture is like a Minpin, she doesn’t necessarily have a high Hackney gate though.

She could have a bit of min pin in her. Definitely not purebred though. She mostly looks like a mix of different terrier breeds. Chihuahuas do come in black and tan, so she could well be chihuahua with maybe Jack Russell and something else tossed in.

Cute dog. Good luck with her! :)
Yeah, I’m not sure what she is. I keep ruling out what she isn’t but don’t know what she is. She 17 inches tall and weighs 16 pounds so she’s too big to be a Minpin or a Chihuahua. She is very much a terrier, she chased down one of my chickens and almost killed it. My neighbor had let The chickens out, C was just trying to be helpful but she didn’t realize that I had let the dog off leash. I knew this dog would probably go after the chickens. That’s why I had the gate closed. The chicken will be fine, and my neighbor feels very bad.
I guess I will look at some other terrier breeds. I’m not familiar with small dogs.

Rat terriers do come in black and tan, but the nose is a bit shorter like a Chihuahua. If it doesn't bark all the time than it probably isn't a min pin. My guess would be rat Chihuahua mix, they are a fairly popular mix.

Back
Top Bottom