Miniature poodle for adoption (Western NC)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by asher, Feb 28, 2009.

1. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    We have a miniature x toy poodle for adoption. Her mom was a toy and her father was a miniature. She is mostly black, but at times some phantom coloring comes in. She is about 1 1/2 years old. She is an indoor dog, house and crate trained. She has been raised around kids (is great with them) and other dogs. She will chase cats, though, if given the chance. She will walk on a leash, but does pull, etc. and has not had any formal training.

Zoey is spayed and has had shots, but needs to have them updated currently (they were due for being redone about a month ago). She is a true lap dog and would like to be held as often as you will possibly let her. She does whine/complain if she does not get as much attention as she requires and would love nothing more than to be your shadow. She currently needs to have her hair cut as well as the updated shots as we'd intended to get her shaved once it got warm enough, but it continues to get cold again. The picture attached is right after she had been groomed and is not very current (though she does look the same when groomed).
    Picture https://post.craigslist.org/imagepreview/n/3n73m53o0ZZZZZZZZZ92sbb13d29122601d33.jpg
    She
    is in full coat currently. I have a dog shaver that I would be glad to give whomever she goes to, but I had a very hard time getting it to work on her.

Rehoming/adoption fee is $100 firm, cash (no large bills please) unless I know you.

If you want to meet her/see her, it can be arranged. We live close to I-40.

She will come with her collar, but that is all.

I hate doing this, but she requires so much more attention than I can give her any more and since preterm labor seems like it may be rearing it's ugly head again, that's only going to get worse. [​IMG] She WILL stay here if we cannot find a suitable home for her, but DH begged me to put this out there.

2. lorieMN

lorieMN Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    montevideo,MN
    shes adorable..I love poodles,they can be very very loyal...good luck finding her a new home..

3. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    OMG!!! You have got to be kidding me. I have been looking for a poodle and know one around here has them. This is to funny.

About how much does she weigh? I know you are in NC but there may be a way I can get her. I have family in SC. My sister is there now.

4. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Seriously? I would love to see her go to someone that I know. It would make me feel a lot better about having to rehome her.

I'll have to weigh her. I haven't in a long time. I'm thinking she's 10lbs or so (the boys confirmed that's what she weighed last time we weighed her). Not sure now with all of the hair. [​IMG] I may try to get her to get groomed this week. I actually like the full coat, but I know she feels better when she's mostly shaved.

5. StoneBridge Farm

StoneBridge Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    SE Ohio
    I can't open the link. Is she taken?

6. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Her son decided that he would throw a fit, lol. So for now they have decided to keep her.

7. StoneBridge Farm

StoneBridge Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    SE Ohio
    ohhh, ok. Thanks. I understand Kid Fits!LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by