Minimium Order chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jwatts, Jul 19, 2011.

1. jwatts

jwatts Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    I am looking to purchase about 4-5 different breeds of chicks. Is there any good places where i can order a minimum order like this with combined breeds? oh,and i want all hens,thank you for your time

2. LindsayB

LindsayB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    My pet chicken has a mininum of 3 chicks and they have a pretty good variety of breeds. Ideal poultry has no mininum but you have to spend at least $25.

3. Erinmir

Erinmir Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2011
    West Alexander, PA
    Meyer Hatchery has a low minimum order and also you can mix and match breeds including just getting one of each. We went to them for our mixed flock of 8 chickies.

4. debid

debid Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2011
    middle TN
    You might be able to find a local source to save the shipping and small order fees but it's very late in the typical season and many have stopped selling by now. MPC, Ideal, Meyer -- all good options for that type of order.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  5. PrestonSloan08

PrestonSloan08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    Corner Alabama
    Quote:I agree!! I just ordered 3 silkie chicks from them!!

6. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    I got mine at MPC and loved it. They were very quick, helpful, and we only got 1 of each type of bird. All of them arrived happy and alive. They sexed our's and they say for every 10, expect one rooster. We got 12 and they all ended up being hens, plus we got all of them vaccinated before they arrived.

7. Splinty

Splinty Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    New York
    We got ours from chickensforbackyard.com. We were able to order 3 and we got 3 different breeds. They all arrives very healthy and happy. I ordered them in the beginning of June and got them in the middle of June. They had a heat pack in the box. Because I only ordered 3 they used overnight shipping. They are now 5 weeks old, getting big, and loving the spoils we give them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by