miniture pinschers

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by rsrollercoasterboy13, Apr 29, 2008.

1. rsrollercoasterboy13

rsrollercoasterboy13 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2008
    West Virginia
    My family and I are getting a miniture pinscher tomorrow and we have never had a miniture pinscher before and all we have is a bed that hooks up to a pet carrier,2 dog toys for now,puppy food,leash,collar,food and water bowl,dog shampoo ect. is there anything else we need to take care of it?We need some advice but we do have dogs and we know how to take care of them but we just need some advice on a miniture pinscher.Please leave a comment if you know anything about it or if you just want to say something about it.Thanks.

rsrollercoasterboy13 [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  2. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    As far as I know they are no different than any other dog. I have a minpin and she is the sweetest little thing. Just give your little one lots of attention... [​IMG]

3. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Mine loves to sleep under a blanket or towel so does my friends min pin. So you might want to let it have one in it's bed. This is Outlaw he's my little man.
    [​IMG]

4. rsrollercoasterboy13

Apr 29, 2008
    West Virginia
    OK!! thank you sooooo much for that information that helped so if you know any friends that know more info. about them tell them to reply.Thanks.

rsrollercoasterboy13

5. rsrollercoasterboy13

Apr 29, 2008
    West Virginia
    When we get zoey (the minipin) i will put pictures of her and post them on here she will look like pision ivy's minipin.

6. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I did find a burrow bed for outlaw that he just loves to sleep in during the day. I think they were made for cats but he seems to like it a lot. He gets chilled easy so I give him a blanket inside his crate at night.

7. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Yep, My minpin can always be found under a blanket!!! (and we live in Florida!) she also likes to crawl up your shirt if you are laying on the couch.
    She is 12 years old now. We've had her since she was 5 weeks. Wouldn't trade her for the world!!!
    [​IMG]

8. amystours

amystours Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Alexandria, Louisiana
    I've had three Min Pins. Each and every one of them was special.

They are very protective of their "person", affectionate and two of mine were pretty difficult to potty train. They tend to explore, and not just YOUR yard. Loved mine so much....they were: Minute (cause he was no bigger than a minute), Midget (wanted to keep the theme going), and Minnie. We got the blessing of keeping each of these dogs about a year, but I guess we weren't good enough for them.

Minute jumped in his water and turned the whole thing over while in the yard when we were gone one day and had a heatstroke. Bless his heart.

Midget was stolen from us, right here in the yard one morning.

Minnie was killed by a car this past summer....that's when we got Master Chief, the Doberman.

9. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Delta, our minpin will be 10 in July but still acts like she is 1 year old. She gets around just as quick as she did when we brought her home (at 5 weeks). Minpins are supposed to be hyper and aggressive, but Delta isn't. They are VERY protective of their owner and are good little watch dogs that don't know they are only 1/10th the size of the rottweiler they are running out of the yard LOL!! Delta is VERY, VERY smart and loves to chase the squirrels and cats. Of course she always gets beat. We were not supposed to be able to have children so she was our baby until my daughter was born 3 years ago. SHe used to sleep in the bed with us and all. They are great foot warmers, and she travels very well too. Even on 10 hour trips she will look out the window until shes tired of it, then get under her blanket and sleep. As mentioned earlier, she has to have a blanket, or pillow to get under, and I even find her in the dirty clothes pile when I sort to wash the laundry. She loves to lay in front of ANY heater, and will lay there until she is panting and still won't get up.

Edited to add: I like to have NEVER got her house broken or got her to stop chewing up shoes.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2008
  10. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    It is funny that everyone who has posted so far mentions a blanket....... I forgot that part [​IMG] Sassy loves a blanket or anything that she can get under. She will also get inthe dirty cloths like someone else mentioned. She has blanket's outside to that she get's under. I leave them under the side shelter because I know how cold natured she is. I got her when she was 5 yrs old. But I think the age I was told is wrong. She seems to be a little older to me. The reason I got her is a "whole" nother storey!! She is a sweetheart though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by