Mink update

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by veronicasmom, Dec 5, 2011.

1. veronicasmom

veronicasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2009
    So, we have not caught it. Nor have we seen evidence of it. I am calming down a little, but still hyper vigilant as far as keeping watch on the animals.
    This is the newest plan now. For the ducks, we are thinking of making a small area that is predator proof but so they still can be outside. Won't be big enough for a pool, but I can put some water bowls in, along with a small shelter and they can at least be outside and not locked up when we are off the property. Also putting another door on the shed, made with hardware cloth, so if they have to be in they can still get fresh air and sunlight.
    Rabbits- they will have another door made too, so they can stay in when we are gone, but still have sun and fresh air.
    Hubby convinced me that we have to let them be out some, just keep checking them when we are home. I am still on edge and will be forever. But they do need to be out and getting exercise.
    Still trying to trap the darn thing though. Very strange that it has not come back. Maybe something got it (hopefully).

2. newbyduckmom

newbyduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    Yay! Sorry you haven't caught the mink. Hope he stays away. Glad you are not getting rid of your ducks.

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Sounds like a good plan. And lets hope either something got it or it moved on. [​IMG]

4. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Good moves. Try some lemon balm tea (for yourself). I find it's good for the nerves. And with little critters, some days it feels like I need something pleasant to sip on as I contemplate the next needful thing.

5. veronicasmom

veronicasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2009
    Lemon balm tea is probably a good idea. So was the wine! But the tea would be healthier![​IMG]

6. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by