!!!!MINNESOTA!!!! Summer 2011 Chickenstock Any takers?

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by ParadisePoultry, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ParadisePoultry

ParadisePoultry Hey, I'm WALKIN' here !

Oct 19, 2009
    Paradise (Braham), Mn
    Hi All,

I've just moved to a new place in Braham, MN. About 12 miles north of Cambridge. It's a rental farm. Has a HUGE old dairy barn for my chickies. Not much land, but enough to free-range my guys.

So, I got to thinking, maybe we could have a Chicken stock?
    Never done it before, but sounds like people have a lot of fun. I will need lots of help.
    Of course, if anyone else is already planning one, just let me know, and I will throw my lot in with you. Just trying to judge interest at this point.

One good thing is I will be a certified poultry flock tester by then, so we could offer poultry testing. PT can be done same day, other tests need to be sent off to the state lab, but can be drawn onsite. Whatcha all think???

Of course this is for all of ours friends in surrounding states too!

Let me know....

BJ

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    paradise if Lovins wasnt having hers in the Summer Id be at yours in a heartbeat!!! If you need any helps with anything let me know as I had mine in Oct at my house:)

3. ParadisePoultry

Oct 19, 2009
    Paradise (Braham), Mn
    Thanks Nat,if this doesn't work out, I am seriously going to try to come to Lovins'. I would so like to meet you all in person. I feel like you are all my best friends already. I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew.

4. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    Hmm... this sounds interesting. I have not been to a chickenstock but would be interested in going! I am a certified poultry tester too.

5. ParadisePoultry

Oct 19, 2009
    Paradise (Braham), Mn
    OK, bumping this old thread up to try and get going on this again. If anyone is interested PLEASE let me know. I will need LOTS of help. I think we could have a fun time, and I am located just about in the middle of the state, so hopefully, it won't be too far for anyone who wants to come.

6. djranch

djranch New Egg

Apr 3, 2011
    Hello!
    I'm in Grasston and am just getting started with my flock. I may be able to help out, but have never been to one and don't know what would need to be done! Let's talk!!

Judy

7. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

I'm all for a Minnesota Chickenstock if it's within reason of the SW metro area. I've attended several in FL, but never MN. Did I see any of you at the testing agent course yesterday in Alex? I got my certification yesterday. [​IMG] Where is this other one that's mentioned? And of course, if I can be of any assistance in getting birds tested just let me know.

8. ParadisePoultry

Oct 19, 2009
    Paradise (Braham), Mn
    Sorry, I won't be doing this after all. It turns out I am moving to Maine for work. I will ask mods to close thread.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by