Mint Chocolate Chip ~ 6+ OE And 6+ Marans

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by aceschix, Feb 2, 2011.

1. aceschix

aceschix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2009
    New Hampshire
    This is for 6+ of each depending on the girls.

I have a Blue Birchen Marans Rooster over Blue, Blue Splash and Black Copper Marans. Thus the Chocolate chip [​IMG]

If you want beautiful DARK eggs you have come to the right place. I think the birds are beautiful too [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And for the MINT ~ That same rooster is covering Lavender Ameraucanas and Split Lav. Ameraucanas. The offspring from these eggs should lay a nice green olive colored egg.

[​IMG]

I hatched all of these birds here last spring from eggs I got from fellow BYCers (thank you all).

Fertility has been great.

We all know the risks associated with buying shipped eggs. I will do my very best and pack them well to protect them from any bumpy rides they may travel.

They will each be wrapped and the box packed well.

I will post pictures of the birds as soon as weather conditions allow. Thank you for looking!

(Disclaimer here to the serious Marans breeders - Bev Davis tells me that my roo is a Blue Marans who is carrying both a silver and a gold gene. Bred with the BCM he should throw Black and Blue Copper Marans. Over the Blue & Splash he should throw Blue/Splash and Blue/Splash birchen, maybe even a Blue Copper.) I will be breeding and culling in the coming years to get to straight Blue Birchen) Bev if you see this feel free to correct anything I may have misenterpreted. Thank you!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  2. poularde

poularde Hatching mode

Feb 7, 2010
    Puyallup, Wa.
    I would love to see a photo of your roo. Blue birchen... [​IMG] Nice looking eggs!

3. aceschix

Oct 18, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I have a couple pics of the roo and the Blue & Splash girls from last fall. They have all matured and filled out since then.

These are just to hold you over [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    Beautiful birds! The birchen is quite striking! I love birchen. Great egg color, too.

6. Phage

Phage Mad Scientist Premium Member

Aug 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    GREAT AUCTION. Gotta bid on these. They are going to be some super interesting chickletts.

7. aceschix

Oct 18, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Thanks Brin. I am so excited about this flock. They are all so beautiful! I LOVE THESE dark eggs. They are so striking with the other colors I have.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  8. aceschix

Oct 18, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Hi Phage! [​IMG] Thanks. I think so too.

9. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    My Marans aren't laying for beans right now, so I'm dark egg jealous! Good looking eggs Aces!

10. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Nice!!! Especially like the roo!!! Oh forget I love them all:) I must sell at least 20 pullets before I can buy any more eggs or they'll be running in the streets and that's not a good idea!!! Come and see me and bring that rooster with you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by