Minus 4 this morning.

Gramma5

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 4, 2013
Syracuse, NY
With a 20 below wind chill. I'm glad I'm home all day to keep an eye on my girls. It's generally pretty cold here, but this morning is a doozy. It's only supposed to hit 4 degrees today.

I took a big bowl of warm oatmeal out to them first thing this morning and I'll keep changing out their frozen water throughout the day. I feel bad for them and I'm trying not to break down and heat the coop. I know there are people who keep chickens in way colder weather than this.

Hopefully the whole winter isn't going to be like this!

With a 20 below wind chill. I'm glad I'm home all day to keep an eye on my girls. It's generally pretty cold here, but this morning is a doozy. It's only supposed to hit 4 degrees today.

I took a big bowl of warm oatmeal out to them first thing this morning and I'll keep changing out their frozen water throughout the day. I feel bad for them and I'm trying not to break down and heat the coop. I know there are people who keep chickens in way colder weather than this.

Hopefully the whole winter isn't going to be like this!

Not a good time to acclimate your birds to the cold. Survival should be at the forefront if you think that you birds will not do well without adding a lamp to snuggle near. I could not even imagine doing without heated water dispensers!

Back
Top Bottom