Minus One!

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by Anguissette, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Anguissette

Anguissette Songster

Jan 31, 2010
    Eastern NC
    So the guineas refused to go into the coop last night and took off into the wilderness.[​IMG] And, as I fear, 1 did not return this morning.

For the past few weeks I would leave half in the coop and let half out during the day to free range. Yesterday was the first time letting them all out. Does this mean I will always have to keep some in the coop?

Suggestions anyone?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  2. tomingreeneco

tomingreeneco Songster

Jun 29, 2010
    Greene County, PA
    Guineas are funny. Some can disappear for a few days and then all will be back. I would not give up on the one that did not return.

3. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    no idea... bump

4. Anguissette

Anguissette Songster

Jan 31, 2010
    Eastern NC
    Well apparently the disappearance of Frank was a real eye opener for the others! Because lemme tell you......they were THRILLED to get inside that coop last night!

5. damselfish

damselfish Songster

Mar 8, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Yup, that's what we've experienced here too. When one gets killed, the others seem to learn from it. The only problem is whether you run out of guineas before they get street smart enough to survive. Good luck, our guinea flock is running well ahead of the grim reaper here, so far, and I hope yours will too.

6. Anguissette

Anguissette Songster

Jan 31, 2010
    Eastern NC
    The Buff Orps we got this week seem to be helping the guineas be less stupid [​IMG] The guineas follow the Orps into the coop!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by