1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Miracle Baby is here *** NEW PICS PAGE 4 ***

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mochicken, Oct 28, 2011.

1. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    About 3 weeks ago we got a pair of silkies, a white hen and a black roo, the same night we got them my wife didnt get the door latched right to their coop and they were killed by raccoons. In the nest in the coop there was one egg, a beautiful little creme colored egg, I searched around for the body of the hen since they killed the roo in the coop, the hen was about 50 yards from the coop and beside her was another egg, must have been in her when she was attacked.

I put both eggs in the incubator that day, it was actually right in the middle of me incubating 40 barnyard mix chicks so it was a royal pain to keep the silkies turned while on lockdown for the others lol.

All in all only one egg was fertile, it was the one I got in the nest of the coop. I was SUPER excited when I saw the lil veins the first time and it has been a pleasure to watch the egg by candling every few days.

We are calling it our miracle baby, I think we will name it "Hope" I figure that is good for a boy or a girl [​IMG]

It hatched around 9:00 this evening and it had a little blood around it but its not bleeding now so I am not worried about it I guess, not sure why it is there, must have just hatched early or been stuck to the egg?

Anyway, heres Hope making its first appearance on BYC [​IMG] Please excuse the "through the glass" pictures lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  2. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

Welcome to this world little one!!!!

3. Czech's_chicks

Czech's_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    Vista, CA
    Congrats! Sorry about your birds.

4. mommissan

mommissan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    Adirondacks
    OMG I'm crying..... [​IMG] How wonderful to have been able to save this one! Congratulations!

5. texaschickmom

texaschickmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2009
    Lindale, TX
    Awww! That's a great story. Welcome to the world, Hope! [​IMG]

6. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    AWWW, this story is making me cry!!! Im so sorry about you loss [​IMG] . It makes me so happy that you got a little baby [​IMG] It certainly is a miracle [​IMG]

7. PixieChixie

PixieChixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2011
    Wow. What a crazy tale. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  8. GrannysRoost

GrannysRoost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Casa Grande
    What an awful beginning, but congrats on Hope making it! Keep us updated [​IMG]

9. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    Thanks everyone, Hope is up and moving about in the incubator, I will let her stay there tonight so she is nice and warm and I will take her out tomorrow afternoon [​IMG]

10. MamaMarcy

MamaMarcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    Sooooooo beautiful!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by