Miracle Kitty (pics)

DuckFanatic

Songster
13 Years
Jun 15, 2009
AZ
On March 14, 2009, two of my beloved kitties disappeared
idunno.gif
One of them was our extremely sweet tortoiseshell kitty, Marlee, and the other was a grey tabby feral we took in who was also very loving, Tiger.

My family and I put up lost cats signs and posted adds all over craigslist, desperatly trying to find our babies... with no luck
sad.png
Our two kitties will still had left, one of them the sister to Marlee, were so sad and depressed. I cried for weeks and didn't want to go to school (dramatic me)
hit.gif

We finally gave up hope of our kitties coming home, but stilled hoped they were out there somewhere
fl.gif
.... Then, one morning, three months after we had lost our kitties, on June 9, my sister and I were having a usual morning, feeding our horses, ducks, chickens, and kitties, when my mom burst out of the house running to the horse fencing. "Someone found Marlee!!!!!!" I started crying in happiness.
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Long story short, Marlee had wandered up to a lady and she brought her into the vets and they called us... the vet was 10 miles away from us!!
ep.gif
We got our kitty back after 3 months!!!
wee.gif
I still can't believe it!! I'm hoping Tiger is out there somewhere, cozy and warm.
fl.gif

I'll post some pics of Marlee
thumbsup.gif

34412_my_pets_107.jpg

34412_my_pets_117.jpg

34412_my_pets_110.jpg

Is it possible that they may have gotten into somebody's car or truck while it was parked in your driveway. That would explain why she was so far away. BTW pretty cat. I love tortoise shells.

omg, THAT'S SOOOO AWESOME!!
I have tears in my eyes! I lost my cat while crossing the USA. She got out one night and we couldn't find her! She did come back and i know the feeling. We left the next day from CO and headed to CA.

While driving from LA to FL on our last move my 2 other cats got out and i freaked out. Told my husband we were not leaving till we found them. My husbands uncle (whom we were staying with) suggested a fence with vines all over it. My husband put his hand in...out came buster then Buddah. OMG i was crying so bad . Funny Katrina hit 2 weeks later and i was so happy we found them both

Give her
hugs.gif
from me!

Yay!! I love a happy story!
Just curious - how did they know it's her? Does she have a microchip? Or did she still have her collar on? Or did they recognize her from your signs? I always worry about the safety collars coming off too easily, but I'd worry if they didn't have a safety collar as well (I remember when I was a kid actually finding the cat hanging by the collar from the lawnmower handle. Fortunately it had just happened and he was ok but he was stuck - if I hadn't found him he'd have been a goner.) I do have two of mine microchipped and doing the others next time they go in.
Good luck with Tiger; I bet the two of them went off on an adventure and got lost. Hopefully he'll find another helpful person to get him home to you too.

To bad she can't talk. I bet she could tell you quite a tale! Good for the lady for taking her to the vets and them finding you! She looks great for being gone so long.
wee.gif

I once had a cat that got mad at me because I took in another cat. He disappeared. He was gone for four years. Then one day he was back like nothing had happened. He was in good shape.

Quote:
That never came to mind but that does make sense
big_smile.png
yeah, that would also explain how she got ten miles away
ep.gif
Thanks so much for the input

Back
Top Bottom