misery loves company and I'm miserable

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kinnip, Oct 27, 2008.

1. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Ever heard of Tietze's Syndrome? It's a swelling and inflammation of the costochondral cartilage (between the ribs and the sternum). I have been struggling with this off and on for a couple of years now. It's not supposed to last that long, but I have an uncanny knack for pushing myself too hard. The pain is ridiculous. I can't think clearly when this acts up. The doc keeps giving me darvocet, not really what I need to clear my head. It's considered a benign condition, but the impact it's having on my life is anything but. Any one else want to whine? Give it one! Maybe it'll make us feel better.

2. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    [​IMG] Maybe accupuncture could help?... I am having a tough day today, but nothing like that. Hormones and cold weather [​IMG] I hope you feel better very soon.

3. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Isn't it the same thing as costochondritis? if so, BTDT, didn't like it a bit. It's like my body keeps coming up with "new and exciting ways" to smack me around... [​IMG] Let's see... with 7 different diagnosed (let's call them "issues or challenges", shall we?) ahem... issues, I had to change my linen storage closet into our med storage & first aid item closet. bummer...

4. kinnip

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    It's costochondritis with swelling. I don't think there's any effective difference. I hear ya with the corporal self-sabotage. I keep telling myself it's the stress, you just need to calm down. Unfortunately, that just gives me more to stress over. [​IMG]

5. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I'm sorry you feel icky, Kinnip. It stinks when your body betrays you.

I have Crohns, so I kinda understand. (Darvocet makes me muffle-headed too. Percocet too. Gotta love those "cet" drugs though when the going gets tough!)
    [​IMG]

Perhaps a really good massage with Sven or Antonio would make you feel better. [​IMG]

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:BTDT too. On top of all the other issues my Raynaud's syndrome is acting up. Know what the best treatment for Raynaud's is? Wearing Isotoner gloves all the time. It was hard enough cooking breakfast with gloves on; not sure I'm going to get much else accomplished today.
    Group hug time!! [​IMG]

7. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Gentle :aww

8. Shelanie

Shelanie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2008
    Southern California
    Ill be miserable with you. I finished my 48 hour shift and left to drive to my chemistry midterm (no make up work, period) and my car broke down blocking a major artery into the city and people were cussing at me, aren't southern californians wonderful people? Everyone just drove past me giving me dirty looks and I cried. Like big cry, sobbing like a little girl. My husband was at home sleeping and didnt answer the phone, errrr. The only reason the cement guy helped my push my car outta the way is because he couldn't get around me. So finally I got someone to answer thier phone and come drive me home. I woke up my husband and told him and he said oh, and rolled over and went back to sleep!!!! OMG! Im eating a cupcake and a big glass o milk. All other having a bad day cam come over and have some homemake cupcakes and milk with me, they fix everything [​IMG]

9. kinnip

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Just looked up Raynaud's. It looks unfun. Consider the hug returned.
    Shelanie, hide those cupcakes. He doesn't deserve a one!

10. Shelanie

Shelanie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2008
    Southern California
    Life is so much more difficult when you can't think straight or you don't feel good. Thats why I love my job. It makes such a huge difference how people treat you when you are miserable. I hope you all feel better and get back to enjoying life [​IMG]

Ps. He isn't allowed to have any of my cupcakes!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by