1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

*~*~*Miss chook of the year*~*~*

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by Chickengal505, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    Okay, To be miss chook of the year, you must....

1. Be a hen
    2. Have all of the following catagories filled
    3. Be in good health (no one on their death bed please)
    4. Have what it takes [​IMG]
    5. I am the judge, what I say, goes

This is the first juding segment of the miss chook of the year, Hen/pullet beauty contest.

Please post the best picture of your contestant at the top of your post, then follow with her name and why she thinks she should be miss chook of the year.

I will not be entering, so I will use pictures of chicks as examples....
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[​IMG]

Hi, Im poka, and I'm the barred rock in the middle of this picture. I think I should be miss chook of the year because I have a great personality and am BEAUTIFUL [​IMG]

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The contestants will have untill 6:30 pm to post this section of their aplacation

2. Iheartchicks<3:)

Iheartchicks<3:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    [​IMG]

Shelly
    1yr old
    Mint condition!
    I should be miss chook of the year because...

I lay an egg everyday! Do you know how much work that is? EVERY DAY an impeccable little perfect white egg comes from me. I also love to be held and i am an amazing mother. And because the maps would help the children in africa! (if you dont know about this joke, it relates to a miss america quote that made absolutely NO sense) Im also very smart, and very photogenic! My hobbies include: chasing bugs, brooding my invisible eggs, eating blended egg treats, and chasing the annoying new chicks. My favorite foods are as listed: scrambled eggs, scratch, and meat loaf (EW).

[​IMG]
    You should pick me!

[​IMG]
    OR ELSE.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  3. Theeggboxtoo

Theeggboxtoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2010
    Alabama
    [​IMG]

Leia
    1 yr old
    Buff columbian d'uccle
    I think I should be Miss chook of the year because I am the queen of everything!

4. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    You mentioned that you can't post sick birds, but what about ones that have died? I've got one that I'd like to post, but she was killed by a predator. [​IMG]

5. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    [​IMG]
    Nutty Buddy
    2 Years...
    Golden Comet.
    Hi! I'm Nutty Buddy. I should be Miss chook of the year because I'm a diva! [​IMG]

6. countrygirl911

countrygirl911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Mississippi
    [​IMG]

12 weeks old
    Miss. Nugget
    BB Old English Game Hen
    I am very friendly, and i am BEAUTIFUL. I might be little but i am the Head Hen of my coop.

7. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Miss Chicken 2011?

8. teddiliza

teddiliza Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

Babymama won 2011 'Miss Chicken' but I'm not entering, just sharing. She's my sweet, frequent broody porcelain d'uccle hen that loves to be held all day long when she's not chasing the mosquitos or raising babies.

9. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    [​IMG]

Hello, dahlings-----charmed, I'm sure. They call me Emily, but I prefer Gorgeous. I'm a 4 Mos. old ShowGirl---------as if that isn't obvious, and I AM Miss 2011! If you didn't already know it, I should win the title because I am simply mahvelous. If it weren't for me being in the picture, there wouldn't BE a picture----so vote for me.

10. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    Zaxby's2 :

You mentioned that you can't post sick birds, but what about ones that have died? I've got one that I'd like to post, but she was killed by a predator. [​IMG]

I never found an answer to this, so I'll just go ahead and enter her. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My buff orpington hen Autunm thinks she should be miss chook of the year because when she was alive she was sweet, a great layer, beautiful, and a great first time mom who died protecting her chicks from a predator this spring. She was my favorite, and she managed to mail her "miss chook of the year" application from chicken heaven. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by