Miss Henny Penny =) Update #2

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ShelterGirl, Jul 9, 2011.

1. ShelterGirl

ShelterGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    Alrighty, so here is what I have this evening for everyone to hear:

GREAT NEWS- The wounds on her rear and back are finally healing and scabbing smoothly over. That is why the antibiotic spray was SO important. It helps the wounds to scab slowly and not have to have one huge, nasty scab pop quickly up that could get infected. The only major one that hasn't started to scab much is the one under her left wing- a VERY major, deep puncture wound that we must keep treating due to the close proximity to the heart.

Had to get her some more cleansing wipes this afternoon so that those wounds can keep healing with amazing progress! She's been home for nearly a week now and is looking good. I have the feeling though that this fiesty little hen will be a stink-eye princess. The looks she throws your way, whoa! It would send chills through a rabid dog and send him running with his tail tucked between his legs....

We are at #25 in the Pepsi contest currently- thanks to everyone who has been helping and supporting this!

Henny Penny has 15 fans on Facebook- keep spreading the word and lets see how many fans this sweetheart will get. Suggest it to friends!

With love from our family, Henny Penny, and the rest of the critters at SR Farm,

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  2. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    Hurray, Henny Penny!
    [​IMG]
    I'm so glad to hear she's doing well. I checked the facebook page this morning before work to see if there were any updates.
    I've convinced my parents to help with the Pepsi buying....more votes! xD
    I'll put more in tomorrow.
    I can't wait to see more pictures of her!
    Here's a slightly poor hello from my Henny Penny!
    [​IMG]
    She wants her name sharing "sister" to get better too!
    I told everyone about her. They all sat around in my lap, on my shoulders, on my head, on the ground...listening. They are such good listeners. I love the birds!
    (I may have also told them how lucky they are. They think they are indestructible...)

3. ShelterGirl

ShelterGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    Aww that's adorable- I must tell miss Henny Penny that she shares her name with another! Chickens are great listeners and it's what I love about animals- they listen without complaint, bad advice, or criticism. Quiet, patient and willing to "talk". I hope your chickens enjoyed the story time [​IMG]

4. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    They always enjoy story time. >_<
    A couple birds are just anti hugs by nature...even though they were all hand raised...and handled a great deal. Some just didn't take...but for the most part, everyone loves to snuggle up for stories and talks of the day.
    I always tell people...when they ask why I don't have very many friends...why I keep to myself "I have animals at home and they've never hurt me the way a person has and I'm sure they've never even considered it."
    Some people don't get it...I'm just defective. Dun care.
    I have a sticker on my car that says "My dog is better at being a good person than you are...and he doesn't even have to try."

5. hispoptart

hispoptart Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    So glad to hear she is doing better!!![​IMG]

6. Edies Hens

Edies Hens New Egg

Apr 28, 2011
    hello there i was just trolling through pictures this afternoon and came across yours..my girls name is Henny Penny...and looks just like your Henny...we had a few dramas with her this easter she was attacked quite badly and we were very unsure if she would make it. She is now in great health and looking wonderful..laying and back free ranging in our yard to her hearts content. Anyway im back of to check out some more pics take care..Edies Hens..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by