Miss Lydia - Warning Lots And Lots Of Piccies :)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Roxy1989, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Roxy1989

Roxy1989 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    SO, the water park i spend so much time at that i was telling you about was on the local news this morning....3 geese and a mallard have been shot and killed with an airgun!! i am so furious and really upset, as the only geese there were a few canada geese and these 2.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these 2 have been partners for years and spring this year had 5 healthy babies ........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now growing up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and such a happy little family,they are always together

[​IMG]

i really hope its none of these [​IMG]

they were as friendly and gentle as their parents [​IMG]

They are great geese, been going to see mamma and dadda geese for years, they are so relaxed around me and my fella but nervous of most other people from what ive seen,
    they even left their babies with us whilst they went down to the water 2 get a drink, yet when other people arrived they wouldnt even get out of the water with them!

im heading down there in a minuite 2 do a head count [​IMG] really dreading getting there and finding any of them gone!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Those babies are so dang cute! I love them! And that is horrible! Why would they do such a thing?

3. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

They couldnt have just had some one come move them and relocate them? That is so cruel to even think about killing them. Please let us know if they are all there. They are all so beautiful! [​IMG]

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Beautiful pictures and how sad somebody wanted to shoot them. Around here somebody killed the geese at the local park, and some folks are walking up to random horses and shooting them in the head.

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    People are just crazy and evil, to kill innocent living things. There is just no reason for it. They are Beautiful Roxey I hope you find them all safe. Please let us know. And thank you so much for sharing the pics, sounds like you have made friends with them and they trust you. Too bad they can't catch those that did this awful deed.

6. kaybats

kaybats Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    All I can say is [​IMG]

Those are fabulous pictures! But, again, I will say: the more time I spend with my animal friends, the less I like humans...unless of course, the humans are animal lovers like me. [​IMG]

7. animalsRawesome

animalsRawesome Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Roxy1989
    I hope they are all okay. They are very beautiful! I don't know why anyone would do that. Makes me so mad! [​IMG]

8. ChickInDelight

ChickInDelight Never an Empty Nest

Apr 27, 2011
    Browntown, VA
    Lovely pictures of the water park.

At least the incident is publicized to create public outcry. Doubtful it will happen again.

9. QuackerJackFarms

QuackerJackFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    I just can't believe some people. I think animal cruelty laws need to be stronger. People who will do something like that start with hurting animals and end with hurting people. I'm subscribing for updates!

10. Roxy1989

Roxy1989 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    well, i arrived and was greeted by ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

mamma goose

[​IMG]

and the rest of the clan [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i was so happy [​IMG]
    gave them a good check over and they seemed great............

heres a couple ofmy other friends there

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

still really worried about them all though [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by