Miss Me? LOL- and now Turkey POults pics!

monarc23

Coturnix Obsessed
11 Years
Jul 18, 2008
Indiana, Pennsylvania
Sorry for ditching you all, I really found out how much I'm appreciated by many of you by your PMs and posts while I was "gone". Things went down the toliet a lil bit yesterday evening... and didn't go well again until late this evening. However, during all of this, I had 3 turkey poults hatch (one didn't make it but the other two are doing well)! They are GORGEOUS!!! Esp "Goonie"
smile.png
I will take pictures of them once I get in my comfy clothes today was just a day of work, stress, blood and tears (no sweat because it was actually too cold)
lau.gif

Basically suffice to say that my dad (whom my hubby and I live and rent with with my mom...he's a truck driver though so he's not home ALL the time) ANYWHO... reciently he started coming home every weekend and...even though I clean my brooder everyother day I admit it DOES have a smell to it... but it's mostly the chicks spreading aspen bedding into their waterer and the smell it causes is pretty musty
sickbyc.gif
Now... I don't let it bother me but boy oh boy...he vented upa storm to my mom about it who after he left told me she had to talk to me...and she was sincerely sorry because she didn't know what i could do either as she didn't want me to give up on my birds that have really brightened up my life a lot... we were actually crying about it... anywho... we finnally decided we'd get up early today and pick up a shed... some extension cord, surge protector and some wood.....annnnd now after fighting with the darn shed
gig.gif
smashing fingers, shooing my young cornish birds out of the way, freezing, fighting the wind from blowing down finnally fought in peices of the shed... we FINNALLY put it all up. I'll get pictures of it tomorrow
smile.png
It's not a HUGE shed, something like 3ft by 8ft? I forget... anywho... it's decient enough...so the middle level will eventually be built a frame to hold the brooder, then ofcourse rigged for the heatlamp....and below it will be built a nestbox area for my marans to come in and out as they please.

What I plan to do too is in the winter, coturnix colors I still want to breed for will be put in some of the cages inside the shed with the lights on the brooder and future incandesant (sp?) lights above the shed my coturnix will lay all year long!
big_smile.png
Well atleast my select ones will.
smile.png

Speaking of this STUPID weather we've been having has my coturnix in a loop. I barely get eggs the past few days kinda sucks! But hopefully they will start up again soon.
smile.png

Goonie and the other poult I haven't named yet I'll add pictures of here in a few (tonight ofcourse). And pictures of the shed tomorrow.
smile.png

Missed you guys!
hugs.gif

turka.jpg

turkasboth.jpg

turkb.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't even notice you were gone
th.gif

But, this has been a busy (and good) weekend.

Yesterday I got a new dog
big_smile.png

And, today, I got my Rain Barrels setup!

hugs.gif
I had to laugh today when looking through old order forms and what do I see..Monarc23 20+ Coturnix eggs..the eggs that started it all.
woot.gif

Niki,

Sorry your weekend wasnt a good one, i was wondering what you were up to, all the quail posts and no chiming in from you!! I hope things look up for you and your family, i imagine your dad deals with a lot of stress being on the road with all the idiots, and with the economy the way it is, he's probably bustin' his butt to keep the dollar rolling in.

On a side note, can you send some of that cooler weather my way, it was 102 here today, not quite Arizona, but i am a cold weather person, not a hot weather person, you can always layer up in cold weather, but i'd get fired and probably arrested for doing what i feel like doing in the hot weather!!!!LOL

You take care and keep your head up!!
hugs.gif
...........Jason

You like to leave us from time to time, especially on the weekends. I just figured your hubby was more important again
tongue.png

Now that you have gotten all the blood and tears out of the way, can I make a suggestion? Raise the waterer up high enough that the chicks can't kick shavings into it, and they won't smell so much
big_smile.png

ETA: I absolutely LOVE the black poult!! What are you gonna do with them?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom