Miss my chickens... Am I cuckoo?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chickmommy13, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Chickmommy13

Chickmommy13 New Egg

Jul 30, 2014
    Hi.
    I recently had to place my chickens at a public garden with a run with chickens, because I got complains about the noise they made:(
    Only for a short time, I hope! At least to I fins a place where my chicks and I can live happily after ever :rolleyes:
    But I miss them sooooo bad! I almost feel insane, cause most ppl would thinl that "they are just chickens".
    But for me, they are more like my babies. I honestly feel depressed now that I dont get to see them etc. All the time.
    Has anyone been through that? Or am I just cuckoo [​IMG]

2. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    You're not cuckoo for missing your chickens. I'd miss mine too if I didn't have them any more. I hope you find a place where you can have them back again.

P.S. I don't think you'll find anyone here that will tell you "it's just a chicken".

1 person likes this.
  3. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    We understand here. Try to visit them as much as you can, and bring them some treats to make it extra fun.

I hope you find a place where they can be with you again.

1 person likes this.
  4. spitfirecream15

spitfirecream15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2014
    In the Boondocks
    Hi. When I moved 3 years ago I left all my chickens behind at my old place and just got a new flock a few months ago. I missed my chickens SO much for the first couple of years and people would tell me "they're just chickens, you can get new ones" but I had them all named and they'd been my pets for many years. Most of them were old and I had raised them from chicks so I'd had them for a long time. I really missed them and still do. So you're not cuckoo, some people thought I was but I think its fine to miss your pets when you have to leave them or they're taken away from you. Hope you can get them back soon.
    spitfirecream15

1 person likes this.
  5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

You certainly aren't cuckoo! I think most of us here on BYC feel the same. I do hope you will find a place where you can have your chickens again. Best of luck!

1 person likes this.
  6. Chickmommy13

Chickmommy13 New Egg

Jul 30, 2014
    Nice to know <3 oh those cheeky creatures go straight to the heart to stay there! :'-|

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by