Miss one day checking...

sablevulpe

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 3, 2010
Andover, MN
The ladies all chipped in to give me an autumn gift... my first egg(s)
59504_2010-10-14_150424.jpg

6 ladies, 5 eggs... I am considering myself very lucky.

Do I smell omelette's??? Or are you still admiring them?
smile.png
BTW... You will hoard eggs at first, but then you will find they give you more than you would ever need.
CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!!

Quote:
Definitely having poached for breakfast tomorrow, but I shared 3 of them with the kids next door... they have been "helping" since the chicks were little balls of fluff- You should have seen the look in their eyes when they figured out where they came from! There was much rejoicing!

Nice eggs! The first ones I got were little fart eggs. I have one that I sat in in my hutch with my holiday dishes. Over several months it dried out and is now just about as light as air. If you give it a little shake you can feel the dried yolk bouncing around in there.

Quote:
Definitely having poached for breakfast tomorrow, but I shared 3 of them with the kids next door... they have been "helping" since the chicks were little balls of fluff- You should have seen the look in their eyes when they figured out where they came from! There was much rejoicing!

When I first started giving away eggs people looked quizzical and almost afraid that the eggs might not be good..... Until they tasted them. Now all I know bring me their empty egg cartons.... Subtle hint huh??
smile.png

Quote:

When I first started giving away eggs people looked quizzical and almost afraid that the eggs might not be good..... Until they tasted them. Now all I know bring me their empty egg cartons.... Subtle hint huh??
smile.png

Very subtle indeed.

I held onto the first eggs until I had 3, then I had breakfast. They were small, but very........ rewarding.

Back
Top Bottom