Miss one day checking...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sablevulpe, Oct 14, 2010.

1. sablevulpe

sablevulpe Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2010
    Andover, MN
    The ladies all chipped in to give me an autumn gift... my first egg(s)
    [​IMG]

6 ladies, 5 eggs... I am considering myself very lucky.

2. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    Nice! Those are great looking first eggs.

3. peterlund

peterlund Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    MA Cranberry Country
    Do I smell omelette's??? Or are you still admiring them? [​IMG] BTW... You will hoard eggs at first, but then you will find they give you more than you would ever need.
    CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!!

4. OregonChickenGal

OregonChickenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Central Oregon
    Very Nice! [​IMG]

5. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    Chickens rock!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]:cd

Then eggs rock!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. sablevulpe

sablevulpe Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2010
    Andover, MN
    Quote:Definitely having poached for breakfast tomorrow, but I shared 3 of them with the kids next door... they have been "helping" since the chicks were little balls of fluff- You should have seen the look in their eyes when they figured out where they came from! There was much rejoicing!

7. hudsonhousechicks

hudsonhousechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2010
    Austin
    Congrats on the eggs! How fun. You have very good girls. Make sure to give 'em a big kiss on the lips!

8. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Nice eggs! The first ones I got were little fart eggs. I have one that I sat in in my hutch with my holiday dishes. Over several months it dried out and is now just about as light as air. If you give it a little shake you can feel the dried yolk bouncing around in there.

9. peterlund

peterlund Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    MA Cranberry Country
    Quote:Definitely having poached for breakfast tomorrow, but I shared 3 of them with the kids next door... they have been "helping" since the chicks were little balls of fluff- You should have seen the look in their eyes when they figured out where they came from! There was much rejoicing!

When I first started giving away eggs people looked quizzical and almost afraid that the eggs might not be good..... Until they tasted them. Now all I know bring me their empty egg cartons.... Subtle hint huh?? [​IMG]

10. Tomhusker

Tomhusker Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Hamburg, Iowa

When I first started giving away eggs people looked quizzical and almost afraid that the eggs might not be good..... Until they tasted them. Now all I know bring me their empty egg cartons.... Subtle hint huh?? [​IMG]

Very subtle indeed.

I held onto the first eggs until I had 3, then I had breakfast. They were small, but very........ rewarding.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by