1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Miss Piper

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Franki, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Franki

Franki Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2012
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As of late Miss Piper has taken to going to the top of the straw bales.
    When I go out at night to do water and food I find her perched here, right across from the kitchen door that I come out.
    She is currently in the kitchen supervising the preparation of her and Reebok and Oliver's "salad".
    Linda
    Reebok, Oliver and Piper

2. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    She's a cutie! It looks like she's keeping an eye on you, lol.

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    She does, I love geese.

4. Franki

Apr 25, 2012
    We had 48 degrees today going to 17 for the high tomorrow.
    I spent the day cleaning their little barn putting in fresh wood chips and straw, scrubbed all buckets and bowls sooo,
    Here is my little threesome all tucked in for the night enjoying their salad waiting for their wheat bread with ground calcium.
    The barn is insulated but Miss Piper has seen fit to do some remodeling in her six months here and pull apart the insulation cover.
    I did duct tape it but she has remodeled that also. I give up. She wins. The pulled duct tape is what's hanging on the walls.
    From left to right.
    Miss Reebok, Oliver who only likes the grapes in their evening salad so he's waiting on bread and of course Miss Piper.
    I call Reebok and Piper the two little Betty Crockers because they walk around together mumbling to each other.
    So my standard question is " ok what are you two little Betty Crockers cooking up now?"
    Love me, love em.
    Linda,
    Reebok, Oliver and Piper[​IMG]

5. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Aww they look very cozy .

6. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    That's funny how Oliver is just sitting back because he doesn't have grapes, lol.

I know next to nothing about geese...what breed are these? They are beautiful!

7. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Well you need to get a few NFLCHICK. they are very special.

8. Franki

Apr 25, 2012
    Hi Miss Lydia,
    Reebok is an Emblem
    Oliver is either Embden or Pilgrim I suspect Pilgrim.
    Piper is Embden and either Buff or Toulouse.
    I suspect by her attitude it is Toulouse.
    Oliver does actually have grapes but sometimes getting up for them isn't worthwhile
    Until he sees the bread show up.

Linda,
    Reebok, Oliver and Piper

9. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I would love to have a couple. I've been reading some about them and as soon as I feel like I have the chicken thing under control (does anyone get chickens under control though?), they are next on my list. From the little I've read up on breeds, I wonder if the Pilgrim wouldn't be a good fit for us. Almost got a couple last year but first we were broke and then they were all sold. Maybe this is my year for geese!

I just happen to know a goose expert that could offer advice (ahem, that would be you Miss Lydia), lol.

10. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Linda, do you notice much difference in personalities or traits among your various breeds?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by