1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Miss Prissy - Regarding All American pressure canner and cooker

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by joebryant, Jul 1, 2008.

1. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Hi, wanna thank ya fer recommending the All American pressure canner as being the best. I bought one for Anne as soon as I read your message (wherever it was). I ordered it a couple days ago, and it just now arrived. Anne really likes it.
    I found that the best bargain for one is on Amazon. I got the 30 quart one for ($230) $200 less that MSRP ($430); that's the best deal anywhere. ALSO, FREE DELIVERY
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_g...words=all+american+pressure+canner+30&x=0&y=0
    BTW, the booklet "The All American Pressure Cooker & Canner Indstructions and Recipes" comes with the canner, so I'm glad I took the chance and didn't buy one separately.
    Thanks again, Anne's really excited about it. Maybe she'll be nice to me now.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  2. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

I bought an All American canner about 25 years ago and am also still using one that belonged to my grandmother!

3. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I have one, too and I love it. I really love that there is no seal to break and replace.

Did you get the Ball Book of Canning, too? That is the Canner's Bible.

4. joebryant

Quote:No, I didn't order it, but I will right now. Thanks!

5. joebryant

Which one(s) should I get?

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_...&field-keywords=Ball+Book+of+Canning&x=9&y=21

Ball Complete Book Of Home Preserving

Ball Complete Book Of Home Preserving by Judi Kingry and Lauren Devine (Paperback - April 14, 2006)
    Buy new: $22.95 $15.61 36 Used & new from $14.02
    Get it by Wednesday, Jul 2 if you order in the next 1 hour and choose one-day shipping.
    Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping.
    4.7 out of 5 stars (31)
    Books: See all 90 items
    Ball Blue Canning Book #21400

Ball Blue Canning Book #21400 by Jarden Home
    Buy new: $7.89 $5.99 13 Used & new from $5.35
    In stock. Processing takes an additional 2 to 3 days.
    4.0 out of 5 stars (6)
    Home & Garden: See all 2 items
    The Ball Blue Book Of Canning and Preserving Recipes

The Ball Blue Book Of Canning and Preserving Recipes by (unknown author) (Paperback - 1937)
    2 Used & new from $19.99
    Ball Complete Book of Home Preservation 400 delicious and creative recipes for today

Ball Complete Book of Home Preservation 400 delicious and creative recipes for today by Firefly books
    Buy new: $22.95
    In stock. Processing takes an additional 4 to 5 days.
    5.0 out of 5 stars (1)
    Home & Garden: See all 2 items
    THE BALL BLUE BOOK of Canning and Preserving Recipes Edition V

THE BALL BLUE BOOK of Canning and Preserving Recipes Edition V by Ball Brothers Company (Paperback - 1943)
    1 Used & new from $14.95
    The Ball Blue Book of Canning and Preserving Recipes

The Ball Blue Book of Canning and Preserving Recipes (Pamphlet - 1938)
    1 Used & new from $8.60
    THE BALL BLUE BOOK of Canning and Preservation Recipes - Fifth Edition 1943

THE BALL BLUE BOOK of Canning and Preservation Recipes - Fifth Edition 1943 by Ball Brothers and Photos and Drawings (Paperback - 1943)
    4 Used & new from $15.00
    Ball Blue Book of Canning and Preserving Recipes

Ball Blue Book of Canning and Preserving Recipes by No Author Noted (Paperback - 1941)
    4 Used & new from $14.50
    The Ball Blue Book Of Canning and Preserving Recipes

The Ball Blue Book Of Canning and Preserving Recipes by (unknown author) (Paperback - 1974)
    Currently unavailable
    Ball Blue Book of Canning and Preserving Recipes

Ball Blue Book of Canning and Preserving Recipes by Ball Brothers (Paperback - 1941)
    Currently unavailable
    The Ball Blue Book of Canning and Preserving Recipes Edition X (edition x)

The Ball Blue Book of Canning and Preserving Recipes Edition X (edition x) by Ball Brothers Company (Paperback - 1947)
    Currently unavailable
    The Ball Blue Book (Of Canning and Preserving Recipes)

The Ball Blue Book (Of Canning and Preserving Recipes) by Ball Brothers Company and unknown (Paperback - 1934)
    Currently unavailable
    5.0 out of 5 stars (2)
    BALL BLUE BOOK OF CANNING AND PRESERVING RECIPES Edition S

BALL BLUE BOOK OF CANNING AND PRESERVING RECIPES Edition S by Ball Brothers Company (Paperback - 1935)
    Currently unavailable
    The Ball Blue Book (The Ball Blue Book of Canning AND Preserving Recipes)

The Ball Blue Book (The Ball Blue Book of Canning AND Preserving Recipes) by Ball Brother Company (Paperback - 1944)
    Currently unavailable
    The Ball Blue Book of Canning AND Preserving Recipes (The Ball Blue Book of Canning AND Preserving Recipes)

The Ball Blue Book of Canning AND Preserving Recipes (The Ball Blue Book of Canning AND Preserving Recipes) by Ball Brother Company (Paperback - 1944)
    Currently unavailable
    BALL BLUE BOOK of Canning and Preserving Recipes; Edition S

BALL BLUE BOOK of Canning and Preserving Recipes; Edition S by Educational Department (Paperback - 1935)
    Currently unavailable

Showing Top Results

« Previous|Page:1 2 3 |Next »

SPONSORED LINKS (What's this?)
    Canning Books
    www.KitchenKrafts.com Home canning equipment, tools, ingredients, labels. Free catalog!
    Recipes & Canning Tips
    www.HobbyFarms.com Cheese making, cider, canning, plus fantastic recipes & tips for you!
    Canning Supply Discount
    www.CanningPantry.com Canners, canning jars, pectin, more Low Prices & Fast Shipping

Search Feedback
    Did you find what you were looking for? Yes No Yes No Yes No
    If you need help or have a question for Customer Service, please visit the Help Section.
    Leave us some comments about your search; your comments can help make our site better for everyone.
    Thank you for your feedback.
    Askville Can't find what you're looking for? Ask Askville! There's a growing community of people just waiting to answer your question. Give it a try!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  6. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I get all my canning info online & from books at the library.

I'm cheap! [​IMG]

7. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    LOL, all those editions!

The latest one will be best with lots of updates and infor for tdau's ingredients. But the 1937 version might be fun to read.

8. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    I'm looking into a pressure canner too!
    If you do use old books please make sure to update the recipe. What was safe for our grandparents might not be safe for us now!
    We have altered our veggies and fruits since then, which has messed with the PH and the "acidness" of our foods.
    So to be on the safe side use up to date books, and if in doubt check on this site
    Gardenweb.com under garden forums in the harvest forum! The people are really sweet, and share safe recipes and are always willing to help! They will let you know if something is safe or not!
    Brenda

9. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    DH just bought a pressure cooker/canner from a girl at work that an extra unused one... I'm so excited to can something! [​IMG] Now it's just deciding what to start with......

What's a good beginners project???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by