1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

miss the girls

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by dawndoup, Apr 14, 2007.

1. dawndoup

dawndoup New Egg

Mar 27, 2007
    Hello ,

New to the group and, as you will probably notice, the computor. Please excuse my skills as a fumble my way around. I mean that since it took me 3 days to figure out how to write a message. I have enjoyed reading all our your stories, comments, etc. I lost a few girls to age and two more in the fall to what i hope was a hawk just passing through. Living in the city, i only have 6-8 chickens at a time and i am down to one , Helen. I am looking for bantam cochins, variety of colors perferred, 5 girls and a rooster. Can anyone help me out on where to buy? I so miss them and so does Helen.

thanks,

Dawn (or as my husband call me "the crazy chicken lady")

2. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Welcome dawn! You might want to try meyer hatchery you only need to order a minimum of 3. www.meyerhatchery.com

3. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dawn,
    Where do you live? There may be another member out your way that can either sell you birds or direct you to a local breeder.
    BTW, Welcome to the forum!

4. nightshade

nightshade Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi yes were are you from? If you are in Pa you may want to look into Middleburg Poultry auction it happens every Tuesday and smaller birds like what you are looking for go rather cheep. Any where from 25 cents each to 3 dollars for really fancy ones. Just a thought. [​IMG]

5. homechick

homechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2007
    Mineola, Tx
    Yes, where do you live? I am considering giving my babies up because my life doesn't allow as many free moments as I had hoped. [​IMG]. I have 5 nearly feathered chicks.. four bantams, one standard pullet. I think one of the bantams is a little roo.
    Anyway, I live in east texas but you probably live far away. I'm sure if you give your area SOMEBODY could help! Good luck!

6. dawndoup

dawndoup New Egg

Mar 27, 2007
    Hello again and thanks,
    Yes, I finally found my way back to my post and the replies. I live in Indianiapolis, In. about 10' from downtown. I am happy to drive a few hours to pick up some new chickens.
    Thank all for ideas.
    Dawn

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Perhaps a call to your local extension agent will give you a lead to a local breeder or hatchery within driving distance. You can also order by mail.

Good luck. Welcome to our internet roost. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by