Miss Tyto Bald-Spot...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by pipdzipdnreadytogo, Aug 8, 2011.

1. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    (sorry, it submitted the post before I was ready... [​IMG] Hang on, working on pictures. XD )

ANYWAY. Back to the message of the thread. (A facepalm smiley would go really well right here... XD)

Miss Tyto Bald-Spot... is now Miss Tyto Pin-Head? o_O

Okay, so most of you have probably never heard of my little hen-pattern-balding-suffering hen, affectionately referred to as Miss Bald-Spot. Tyto started out a normal red sexlink, with a full head of feathers and all. At one year old, though, she began the downhill fall into Hen-Pattern-Balding (HPB). Just a month ago, she looked like this:
    [​IMG]
    Yes, HPB is a sad, sad syndrome for an upstanding hen such as Tyto to be suffering. I mean, she's at the upper end of the pecking order and all! And who in her position would dare wear a featherpiece? Why, no one! The horrors of the very thought! Well, I'm certain she has spent many long nights mixing up formulas under the roosts (hopefully not from what's supposed to be under the roosts) to cure her syndrome. And you know what? Whatever she fixed up a few days ago is actually working! Look at these results!!:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Okay, so maybe it isn't the most exciting thing on the planet, but let me tell you this: for three years, this poor hen has suffered from this syndrome and her own ingeniousness has now cured it!
    (And now YOU can get a bottle for your HPB for FREE! Yes, FREE! (Please pay $19.95 shipping and handling))
    *cough* Anyway, I thought it was amusing that our little Miss Bald-Spot is losing her namesake. [​IMG] Guess I'll have to give her a new nickname...

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  2. Pretty Birdie

Pretty Birdie Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    [​IMG] So funny!

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    She has feather implants! [​IMG]

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Okay you need to read the Law of Chickens.

1. Humans may bever photograph a hen or pullet while they are molting or otherwise nekkid, in whole or part
    2, Humans must never give said hen or pullet a nickname reflecting their shame

Those are law look em up.

But she is adorable. [​IMG]

5. pipdzipdnreadytogo

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    Quote:Oops? [​IMG] But I think she owes me this little embarrassment. I've saved her life on more than one occassion, I think. [​IMG]
    (Gee, now I think about it, though, she's probably plotting against me under the roosts at night now... [​IMG] )

6. pipdzipdnreadytogo

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    Just thought y'all might like to see what Tyto Bald-Spot/Pin-Head/Full-Head-'o-Feathers looks like now. [​IMG] (The picture's from a couple days ago, but there hasn't been any change in that short amount of time.)

[​IMG]

I actually had to find a picture of another red sexlink of ours, Skua, to be sure this was really Tyto. [​IMG] I can still tell them apart in person, fortunately. At any rate, it's literally been years since she's had this many feathers on her head! What a marvel! Can't wait to see how long it lasts! [​IMG]

7. Bessie1994Snider

Bessie1994Snider Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Yay she looked good either way, but now with that full head of feathers she is styling !!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by