miss_jayne Tests Quail Eggs for Monarc23

Discussion in 'Quail' started by miss_jayne, Apr 24, 2009.

1. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Monarc23 sent eggs to me to incubate and test. they arrived in excellent condition. one egg was broken, but out of 24, that is pretty good odds still.

she wrapped them very well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i am on day two for them and will be checking in with my new super duper eye burning flash light.

2. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Wow, what pretty eggs!

3. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    HAVE FUN! I am getting some from Mrs.Smith in California next week, so I will be watching yours, too. [​IMG]

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    they are pretty, aren't they?

i was able to find a gentleman that is selling a LG with the forced air attachment with a quail egg turner and a chicken egg turner, all brand new for $35, so they will come out of the big bator and into their own as soon as it's stable.

5. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    wow they are prettier away from home! LOL!!!! Now I hope you get pretty babies out of them! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:those pics are all yours, friend. i watermarked them, but if you want something else word-wise just let me know and i can redo them.

7. CheerfulChaos

CheerfulChaos Out Of The Brooder

i am on day two for them and will be checking in with my new super duper eye burning flash light.

Careful, you might have to wear super D duper glasses to go with that super duper eye burning flash light! [​IMG]

8. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:Careful, you might have to wear super D duper glasses to go with that super duper eye burning flash light! [​IMG]

seriously, you do. you cannot even look at it directly. it'll burn ye olde retinas out.

9. CheerfulChaos

CheerfulChaos Out Of The Brooder

I know that silly, I was the one that told you about that flashlight. I was talking about that very fashionable picture of you in the bike helmet and goggles as you prepared to go on quest to HD to buy it. [​IMG] Now I can just see you wearing those during candling. [​IMG]

10. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:well, now we all know i am way too tired to be typing! [​IMG]

too funny! maybe i should! isn't that thing a monster!?!?!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by