Missed You All!!!*** Good news added

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WindyOaksYokes, Aug 10, 2008.

1. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Hi to all of you chicken lovers that I got to know and who have helped me out so much with all my chickens, ducks, and turkey issues... [​IMG]

I have missed you all!!! So much has been going on for the past 9 or so months. Yes, it has been a long time...

My job is taking alot of my time, DH is doing the best he can with all the chickies and others... I have some wonderful news, but am going to wait until after Tuesday to tell you all... you know, I don't want to jinx myself.

My son has moved back home with us and is now leaving again for the Army... I am so proud of him!!!

Since I have been gone, I have become a hatching crazy fool!!! Oh man, now I know what you were all talking about!!! Infact I have some that are hatching out this weekend... waiting for the first pip!!! heehee... and then in 2 weeks...

We have also had several attacks, which has me devasted, between the stray dogs, foxes, and pigs, Yes PIGS... we got two new baby pigs, they ate 20 of my baby chicks, and are now attacking my layers... told DH he either does something or they are going in the freezer!!!! So he has been getting things together to be sure the chickies are safe. Traps have been layed out for all others... so heartbreaking. We have lost several ducks [​IMG] down at the creek, and we lost Ginger our female turkey and 10 of her babies down at the creek. We also lost Daisy the Muskovy that I got from Ms Prissy... But we still have Daffy and he has 2 new girlfriends...

New barn is being built with 3 large sections for each group... pig pen being redune... oh just so much work...

Well, I think I have made this long enough, I just wanted you all to know that I am back on the net and that I have missed you all so very much!!! I best get going and will talk to you all soon... I still have to work so I will not be here or on as much, but you know, I will check in quite often...

Have a great evening!!! Need to go get the babies put up and put away....

Tes [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  2. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Good to see you back. [​IMG]

3. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Glad to have you back! You have been a VERY busy lady!!

Hope the good news comes through for you too.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

hey, Tes! Sure would like to see updated pictures of you-know-who when you get a chance! [​IMG]

5. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Rooster - Thank you so much!!! How ya doin Buddy???

Arlee - Hey lady... hows the hatchin goin with that cooler-bator??? LOL... I love mine!!! And thanks... Yes, I have been veryyyyyyy busy, working 18 days straight, taking a day off, working 18 days... and so on so forth... oh goodness... just busy, tired and exhausted!!! But all in all, things going well... hope all is going good on your end too!!!

Cyn hunny - Thank you so much for helping me through everything!!! Your friendship has ment alot to me and I appreciate all of the posts you have done and the information you have obtained for me when I could not get on here.... Yes, I was telling little Jess that I had to get a pic of Laila soon... I need to remeber password and everything for pictures again... what is the link for posting pics??? Laila is just so beautiful!!!! My baby girl LOL....

Thanks all again,

Tes

6. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    So glad to hear from you! Hope all works out great for you too

7. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] Great to hear from you again.

8. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    Thanks for checking back in - Good to see your name again. I would say "good to hear your voice", but that doesn't quite fit.. [​IMG]

9. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    cockadoodlemom, thanks! Things looked good so far today. Have all day meetings tomorrow... wish me luck [​IMG]

Farmer Kitty, It's good to be back, I really missed my chicken family!!! [​IMG]

All Chook Up [​IMG] yah I agree, that just does not seem to fit [​IMG]

10. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Hi Tes! [​IMG]

I am so sorry about the loss of some of your flock. [​IMG]
    Good to hear from you. You've been missed!

Kim

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by